Ch. 52

Naruto jumped from tree to tree, Sage mode not active.

Naruto. They're coming. Kurama warned. It's Shikaku, Fuu, and Ibiki. They're likely to try and stop you.

'Let them try.' Naruto gave no indication he knew he was being followed.

"Naruto!" Shikaku called out.

He stopped on a branch and turned. "Oh, hey."

Ibiki narrowed his eyes. "Given that you're alone, you've defeated Pain."

The blonde nodded curtly. "I still have things to do."

"Where are you going?" The Nara head asked.

"The real Pain. The main body." He had his eyes closed.

"What! Alone?"

"Alone?"

"Are you insane?" Fuu asked. "This isn't something you can do alone."

"You're wrong." He opened his eyes, and they were red. "This is something that ONLY I can do. Don't try to stop me."

"We can't -" Ibiki started.

"Alright." Shikaku sighed.

Naruto nodded and jumped away.

"Shikaku, what are you thinking?" The head intargater asked.

"Shikamaru has given him praise." He repeated what his son told him. "Shikamaru rarely praises anyone. If Naruto was able to do that, then we have to trust he knows what he's doing."

《•~~~•》

Naruto looked at the massive tree made of paper. 'So this is where he's hiding. Did Konan make this?'

I assume so. Kurama admitted. I've gathered more Sage energy. Here.

The blonde closed his eyes and went back into Sage mode. 'Let's do this.'

He jumped down and walked up to the tree. Feeling it out, he found where he could open it, which he did with little force.

As he stepped in, Konan rushed in front of Nagato.

"Konan, step aside." The true leader of the Akasuki whispered.

"But Nagato- "

"It's alright."

Naruto stepped closer, his face giving nothing away. 'I didn't think he would look like that.' "Nagato."

"The Nine Tails. You've come."

B¡tch, I'm the Nine Tails! The fox growled.

'Calm down, Kurama.'

"Have you come here to kill me?" The thing he was attached to opened at the base and a black rod shot out.

It went right for Naruto, who grabbed it impossibly fast.

The Uzumaki gasped. 'He blocked it. And that this distance.'

Naruto tossed it aside. "You think I came here to give myself up, don't you?"

He laughed dryly. "Do you hate me, Naruto Uzumaki? I've killed your teacher."

"He was yours too." The blonde took a step forward. "He stopped Orochimaru from killing you. He took care of you. And yet, you killed him for your own selfish goals."

"Selfish?" Nagato looked up, rage in his eyes. "You dare you call me selfish!"

The air was suddenly filled with pure anger and hatred. Red Chakra flowed out of Naruto.