Ch. 48

As he laid flat on his bed, Naruto couldn't shake he feeling that something was wrong. While they were searching for Itachi, he could have sworn he felt someone's hand on his shoulder.

The only thing was, when he stopped and turned, there wasn't anyone there. Even when he sent out Chakra, he still couldn't see anyone.

When it was determined that Itachi fled, Naruto and the others were told to head back.

Now, a few days later, Naruto was in his apartment. His tails were spilling over the sides. The feeling of dread had almost consumed him at this point.

There was a knock at his window. The blonde glanced over to see Kakashi.

He collapsed his head back on his pillow. "Hey, Kakashi-sensei."

"Lady Tsunade wants to talk."

As the two ninjas walked through the village, Naruto noticed a few of the toads around, but he didn't say anything.

When they got to the Hokage Office, Kakashi knocked on the door.

"Come in." Tsunade's voice sounded slightly broken.

Kakashi opened the door and let Naruto walk in.

Inside, there was an older toad, but also smaller sitting next to the hokage. Sakura and Sasuke were also in the room.

Naruto's ears dropped. "What's going on?"

Tsunade looked over to the older told. "This is Lord Fukasaku."

Naruto gave a quick bow, but he turned his eyes right back to Tsunade.

She didn't say anything, but Fukasaku sighed. "I'm afraid to say that Jariya boy is dead."

There were a few seconds of silence.

"What?" Naruto went very still, like a fox about to pounce.

Tsunade took a deep breath. "Jariya went to the Village Hidden in the Rain. There, he encountered the leader of the Akasuki, Pain. During their battle, Jariya was killed."

"Why wasn't anyone with him?" Naruto's voice turned harsh. He was looking at the ground

Sasuke hand moved to his sword. The danger in his friend's voice made him feel uneasy.

The blonde asked another question. "Why did you even let him go in the first place?" He raised his head.

His eyes were bright red, complete with three slit pupils. His whiskers deepened, and his lips were lined in black. There was a slight cracking, indicating that his fangs were growing. Red Chakra leaked from his skin.

Kid, calm down! Kurama did know what to do. Naruto had never been like this. Never!

'STAY OUT OF THIS!' Naruto screamed at him.

The Uzumaki slammed his hands on the desk, making everyone jump. "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING LETTING HIM GO!!??"

Wood erupted from the ground and tried to bind the enraged Jinchuriki.

This fail. Tremendously. Naruto used his tails to slash the wood to splinters.

He turned and looked right at Yamato, who had been hiding in the shadows. "STAY OUT OF THIS YAMATO! THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO CONTROL ME!"

This shocked bother the wood user and the Hokage. They never thought that Naruto would figure out that Yamato was watching him.

He turned back to Tsunade. "What. Made. You. Think. It. Was. A. Good. Idea. To. Let. Him. Go. Alone?" He hissed out the words.