21

Thursday was fast approaching, the thought of what was to come sending my hands into bouts of quivering. I was off school, trying to cope with the fear of what might happen to Hayden. Sure, it wasn't definite that the Prophecy would come true, but considering what had already taken place with my marking and the smaller prophecy in my necklace, the odds were pretty high.

"Morning," Hayden whispered beside me. I instantly turned to face him, smiling and taking notice of the colour in his cheeks.

"Morning," I replied. "It's Tuesday," I noted with a sigh. Hayden's hand intertwined with mine under the duvet.

He smiled reassuringly. "Dawn, don't worry. I won't let anything happen to you. Ever."

It's not me I'm worried about.

"Come on, let's get up. I smell bacon," Hayden smiled. I agreed, sighing, and made my way to the bathroom, showering quickly before wrapping myself in a towel and heading to the walk-in-wardrobe. When I stepped out of the bathroom, Hayden was playing with the TV, his back to me.

"Danny is there anything you want me to put on or-" he turned around and cut off when he saw me. I noticed his eyes darken considerably. "Dawn," he started deeply, walking towards me slowly. "That's incredibly unfair."

I frowned, "What is?"

He didn't stop moving towards me until he'd pinned me against the wall, his hands on either side of my head. "You, in nothing but that," he said, his eyes trailing down my body. I blushed intensely and tried to push him away, but he pressed his body firmly against me to keep me still.

"Hayden," I warned in a tight whisper.

He ignored me and pressed his lips to my mark, forcing me to throw my head back and expose my neck further. "Danny, you can't expect me to behave with you looking like this," Hayden murmured. I groaned at how difficult he was being. It was like denying a child a lollypop, only for the child to try to manipulate you into giving them one.

His hands travelled down to my waist and then to my thighs, his fingers fiddling with the bottom of the towel; his eyes shot up to mine, a mischievous glint shining in them.

I felt a tug on my towel and I immediately clung to it tighter. "Hayden!" I scolded. He chuckled and turn his attention to my neck, then began to follow a droplet of water down from my collarbone with his finger. When it was too close to my cleavage, I went to stop him, but he trapped my hand with his free one, my other hand still clutching to my towel. When he reached the curve of my chest, he stopped and looked at me before removing his finger and kissing me softly. He smirked as he pulled away from me, noticing how heavy I was breathing. I scowled at him and stomped to the walk-in, slamming the double doors behind me and leaning against the wall, trying to calm down. Damn hormones!

I looked around at my half of the room, grinning at all the new clothes I still hadn't worn. The beautiful jewellery on the table still made my knees weak. Even after all this time, I couldn't get over the fact that Hayden had done this for me.

Making my way over to the clothes, I picked out a plain royal blue skater skirt and a white off-the-shoulder lacy crop top, before choosing a pair of nude boots with dark block heels and furry collars. At the large table in the middle of the room, I selected a long necklace with a large amber gemstone teardrop pendant, as well as two gold bangles.

After dressing, I applied some brown eyeliner and smoky bronze eyeshadow, making my brown eyes pop. My lips were a simple baby pink.

Stepping out from the closet, I saw Hayden was just stepping out from the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist. My mouth automatically dropped open and started watering at the God-like sight before me.