Bad Parties & Car Rides

"Maybe she's in the living room," I suggested as we carefully looked around the crowded kitchen.

Mili nodded to herself, guiding us past the crowd as she held my hand in hers.

It was odd.

The fact that no one questioned why Mili and I were even touching one another when the action alone would get questioned among our group of friends.

Especially since we're seeing other people.

A content breath fell from my lips—spotting Mya on the couch.

But the contentment was easily drained from my body, especially noticing a guy seated beside a disoriented Mya.

His intentions definitely didn't seem respectful, especially with the way his hands were exploring all over Mya's body.

"Oh fuck no," Mili said, letting go of my hand as she practically charged toward Mya and the man.

I didn't hesitate to trail behind her, knowing this definitely wasn't going to end well.

"M!" Mya called out, her eyes barely able to remain open as her head fell to the side.

A gasp fell from my lips when Mili punched the random guy beside her—and before he could react or say anything else, Mili was punching him again, easily drawing blood to not only his bottom lip but his nose too.

"You're a fucking pervert you know that?" Mili called out, punching him again.

I looked over to Mya who seemed to now be passed out on the couch—causing me to run over by her side to check on her well-being.

I let out a calm sigh—Her pulse was there and her breathing seemed to be normal.

"Found her!"

"Oh my god, what happened to Mya?"

"Fuck, someone help Ana get her off the couch."

All the familiar voices that made up our friend group seemed to echo around me—feeling entirely focused on helping Mya.

"Mya," I said, gently shaking her with hopes of waking her up.

Mya mumbled incoherently as Cam lowered down beside me to help.

"Mya, hey can you hear me?" Cam carefully said, helping me get her off the couch.

Mya furrowed her brows, "Yeah," she forced out, clearly trying to open her eyes.

And before either of us could say anything, Mili suddenly said, "I can handle it."

Seconds later she was purposely taking Cam's place of helping Mya stand while I stood on the other side helping as well.

"I'll text you guys later with updates," I called over my shoulder to the group who seemed to be in shock.

And before Mili and I could take even a step, Cam halted me slightly.

"Be safe," she said—and as soon as she leaned in for a kiss, I turned my head.

I don't know why.

I seriously don't know why.

Or maybe I did.

Maybe the why was a she—who was standing right there.

"Thank you," I awkwardly said, smiling at Cam as she pulled back from my cheek with a warm smile of her own.

But I could tell by her slightly furrowed brows that she was confused.

And Mili—well her brows definitely weren't furrowed.