Bars & Bathrooms

The warm Los Angeles air wrapped around me like a warm blanket on a cold day. 

I walked down the sidewalk toward the bar Mya told me to meet her at, waving goodbye to my Uber driver.

The bar named Julio's was lit up with a dim ambiance. 

I could hear the low chatter spilling out of the building when a random lady exited the bar, holding the door open for me.

I smiled, walking past the woman into the bar that was already packed with people at tables and the bar top, talking with one another.

Suddenly, I felt awkward, knowing I arrived before Mya and was completely alone.

I nervously tugged the hem of my distressed shorts down, adjusting my black corset top properly.

I felt a little better, knowing my outfit fit in all the right places—the distressed shorts showing off my long tan legs, and the corset top hugging me in and pushing up my ample cleavage.

Still, I'm naturally an anxious person, which probably explains why my heart is ticking in my chest like a bomb about to go off. 

At least that's what it felt like.

I walked toward the bathroom, nervously playing with my long hair that was flowing from the high ponytail I put it in.

Hopefully, by the time I finished in the bathroom, Mya would have arrived.

Luckily, the bathroom was empty, even if it didn't necessarily matter.

I didn't have to use the bathroom, I just wanted to stand in here like some anti-social loner.

"What am I even doing?" I whispered to my reflection held in the large mirror outlined in a gold accent.

I came here to make friends and start a new chapter in my life, and yet, here I am running off to the bathroom because I felt awkward and shy.

I shook my head at myself, furrowing my brows, "Get it together," I said, hoping it would magically give me a confidence boost.

"A bathroom pep talk? I like it," a random voice chimed in, easily startling me.

My eyes widened in surprise, looking behind me at the woman—who inevitably turned out to be attractive.

Then again, attractive women felt like a theme here.

Why do I have to always embarrass myself? Talking to myself in the bathroom, and a random attractive woman just so happens to walk in... thanks universe.

The woman's long dark hair was parted in the middle as it cascaded down her back and shoulders. Her dark hair seemingly shaped her sharp face perfectly—which seemed to be covered in minimal makeup. 

I couldn't help but notice her teeth covered by a shiny gold grill, which was slightly exposed as her teeth dug into her bottom lip.

The graphic tee she wore exposed her arms littered with tattoos, the black t-shirt hanging over her black jeans held up by her thick Balenciaga belt.

Her fashion sense was admirable, even the small gold layer chains around her neck that matched the small gold hoops in her ears caught my attention.

The woman cleared her throat, easily pulling me out of my thoughts.

Did I just openly check her out?

"I... I was just hyping myself up—A very normal occurrence," I finally spoke, forcing my voice to not sound so nervous. 

The woman raised a brow, staring down at me, "Oh, so this happens often?" she asked, her tone taking on a slightly teasing tone.

My face heated up, realizing that I basically insinuated that I talk to myself often, "Do you always ask this many questions?" I said, my brain resorting to the only defensive technique I could think of.