Chapter 34

Jay's POV

I finish tying my tie, before checking the mirror, nodding to myself when I see it's not crooked.

Walking out of the bathroom, I see Talia still lying sprawled out asleep on the bed. I go over to her, placing my knee on the bed as I lean down to press a gentle kiss to her lips.

I pull away, only to get stopped when a soft hand grabs the back of my neck, pulling me back.

I smile into the kiss, my hand coming up to hold her cheek while I move on top of her.

Talia groans quietly against my lips, and I keep kissing her, slowly and gently as she starts to wake up more and more.

I softly nibble on her lip, while her arms cling around my neck and her legs wrap around my waist. She grinds her hips against me lazily, causing herself to break the kiss due to the gasp she lets out.

I look at her, seeing her eyes are still half closed, and she looks exhausted. Despite all of this, her body continues to move against mine, desperately seeking out pleasure.

"Keep going" She mumbles when seconds go by of me just watching her. I smile, not needing to be told twice as I bury my face in her neck, brushing my lips against her skin, as well as blowing on her skin teasingly. She squirms a bit from it, and I chuckle to myself before giving in to her.

Gently, I start to kiss her skin, before nibbling it with my teeth. I don't get far before the sound of a phone ringing interrupts one of Talia's breathless moans.

I sigh, reaching my hand back and pulling my phone from my back pocket. Talia groans a bit while I check the caller, seeing Atlas, and suddenly I'm reminded why I'm awake and dressed, and I remember why I went to gave Talia a quick goodbye kiss. I need to go to work.

I've been ditching it for a week now, ringing to give Atlas orders every morning before calling it a day, and it needs to stop.

I love Talia, I won't deny that. But I cannot let love be the death of me. And it quite literally will be if I don't concentrate on work.

I answer the call, pressing my phone to my ear using my right hand, while also covering Talia's mouth with my left.

"Talk" I order, before leaning back down to kiss her neck. Talia is very vocal when she's tired. Normally, she'd be able to stay quiet easily when I kiss on her neck. Now? I'm not too sure.

"We have Griffin" Atlas says, and my movements still, my eyebrows narrowing while I pull away from Talia. She lets out a noise that's either a whine or a cry, her eyes begging me to keep going. "How?" I ask confused, since I did not order him to go get him.

Talia lets out a groan again, her hands coming up to pull mine away from her mouth. I press my hips down into her, and she shuts up quickly, her lips parting as her eyes flutter.

"We caught him. He and a small team of five broke in" Atlas tells me simply. "How far did they get?" I ask quickly.

"We noticed them the second they stepped foot inside". My jaw clenches in annoyance. "You should have noticed them the second he neared the gates outside" I mutter, my words not exactly aimed at Atlas, but more so everyone.

"I'll be there in twenty. Find out how he got inside" I order. "On it sir" Atlas says, not missing a beat. Then the line goes dead.

I stare down at the woman lying in front of me, sleep still lingering in her eyes but for the most part, she's wide awake. Her chest rises and falls as she stares at me, dressed in one of my shirts that ridden up so much it exposes her full stomach, and her lower half covered in a pair of my boxer briefs.