Chapter 32

Jay's POV

It's been almost two weeks since Issac left, and so far, everything has been good since then.

Issac did manage to figure out who the snitch was. He took the guy back home with him because apparently he wanted to deal with him himself. I didn't care enough to argue.

Since then, we've been working on how to get Griffin. He's gone back into hiding, but we still have Abigail Robinson. It's only a matter of time before she tells us something, or he tries to save her. Either way, we should have a bullet on his head by the end of the month.

My leg is healing nicely. Talia has taken up the temporary position as my nurse.
I constantly tell her how it's unnecessary to worry, but she says it's what girlfriends do. I wouldn't know any better, so I didn't argue.

I walk in the front door and spot Talia sitting on the couch almost immediately, with her laptop in her lap.

She's been researching what she wants to do with her life now that she's no longer forced to be a maid. So far, she still has no idea.

"Hey," She smiles at me while I close the door. "Any luck?" I ask her, walking over. Talia sighs, her eyes dropping back to her laptop screen. "The only thing I've decided is that I'm too indecisive for this" She mumbles, making me laugh just as I lean down to peck her lips.

"Don't let me interrupt. I'll be in my room if you need me" I tell her, and she nods.

With that, I walk away and over to my room.

***

I step out of the shower and dry myself with a towel quickly before I throw on a pair of red plaid pyjama pants Talia got me. Apparently not owning pyjamas is a 'crime'. Her words, not mine.

I toss my towel in my washbasket before stepping out of my bathroom, only to find Talia sitting at the edge of my bed.

She looks at me, her eyes trailing down my chest slowly while I fight back my laugh as I turn off the bathroom light.

"Need something?" I ask teasingly as I take a few steps over to her until I'm standing right in front of her.

She does answer, and I don't comment on it as I cup her cheek in my hand, tilt her head up and place a gentle kiss on her lips.

"Hi" She whispers when I pull away a few inches, and I smile before pecking her lips one last time.

I then lie down, my head resting on my pillow as I yawn. Talia is quick to climb on top of me, now straddling my hips. "How's your leg?" She says as she lets her hands roam around my stomach, her attention partially stolen by my bare chest. "Still there," I tell her, and she shoots me a playful glare.

She asks about my leg four times a day at this point, and my answer is always the same.

"You look tired" She then states. I hum. "I am". "You worked late last night. I had to fall asleep alone" Talia mumbles. "When did you finally come to bed?".

"I didn't. I was working all night" I tell her, and she pauses before her eyes flicker to mine. "You haven't slept?" She repeats, and I see the worry in her eyes. I try not to laugh. I feel like everything I do worries her.

"I skip sleep all the time, don't worry" I chuckle. She doesn't laugh. "You need sleep" Is all she says. I nod my head. "I know I do. And I do sleep. Just not every night" I explain to her, hoping she understands there's no reason to worry.

She shakes her head. "Not good enough," Talia tells me. "I'm going to personally make sure you sleep every night" She suddenly says, her voice holding a promise.