Chapter 18

Jay's POV

With my elbows leaning on my desk and my face in my hands, I bask in the silence and the darkness and try to think.

I have so many idea's on how to go about the snitch situation. But I need to pick the right one.

I also need to be absolutely certain there is one. I try to think logically.

They might have been able to discover our shipment route on their own. How they found out about Talia? There's no way they could do that on their own.

The only other person who knows about my address is Atlas. And if he was the snitch, they would have already come busting down my door. Issac told me to never trust anyone, even if they've had your back for decades. But I'm going to take a risk and trust Atlas.

Speaking off...

My door opens, and I sigh and look up, seeing Atlas standing there, looking panicking. "Sir-" He winces, before knocking on the already open door.

I roll my eyes, leaning back in my chair and crossing my arms over my chest. "Sir- we have- the guard at your house-.." "Get to it" I cut him off, shooting him a look and he takes a deep breath.

I still can't quite believe that before me, this guy was in charge here.

"Talia went out for a run five hours ago and the guard is a bit worried," He says, and I feel my heart stop in my chest. I then scowl at myself and stand up. "Got it. You may go" I tell him, and he nods, stepping out and closing the door.

Talia is useless to them. She doesn't know shit other than I'm the heir and the address to our house. There's a good chance they know that too.

So the likelihood is they're going to try to use her to draw me out.

My door suddenly opens again, halfway, before it's slammed closed again. I hear three rushed knocks, and I roll my eyes again.

"Sir I had people track her using street cameras and they found this" Atlas walks in holding a tablet. He stands beside me and holds the tablet out as a video plays.

Talia's running along a path when a car suddenly swerves onto the path right in front of her. She stumbles back, losing her balance and falling back just as three of the four doors on the black SUV open.

Two people grab her while she kicks and struggles. She lands a punch to one of the guys, but in the end, it doesn't help her and she's stuffed into the back of the car.

The third guy grabs a sign from the passenger seat, holds it and stares directly at the camera.

I clench my jaw as I read Talia's old address on the sign before he jumps back in the car and they speed off.

Atlas steps back, staring at me hesitantly. "What's the plan sir?" Atlas asks, and I stare at the ground as a plan forms in my mind. I think it through, nodding to myself before I look at him.

"Get me a tracker".

***

I glance at the watch on my wrist as the elevator stops, and the doors open.

Forty-seven minutes past six.

I walk down the hall to Talia's old apartment, grateful her annoying neighbour doesn't seem to be here right now.

I could have sneaked in.

There's a fire escape on the side of the building. Although if they have half a brain, they know that already.