Out at sea

Two weeks later

Two weeks later

"Are you ready?" I ask, leaning against my bedroom door.

"Give me a second," She smiles, looking at herself in the vanity I bought her as she does her make up.

Things were stressful for the first few days after we returned from the hospital. It took Serena three days to make her decision. I'm proud of her for choosing to start the treatment and trust me I've let her know.

I didn't tell her about her ex, who I now know is called James Walker. I don't want to add anything else to her plate especially since her doctor told me we have to try and keep her as calm as possible.

I've had numerous of our men try and track him down but nothing's come of it, it's almost as if he's completely disappeared.

On a happy note, I have something planned for Serena.

My whole life I've been very tactical with my decisions, my brother has always been the impulsive one and I've always thought before doing.

That's why I normally take things slow, even me and my ex knew each other for a long, long time before I fully considered dating her.

But time may not be something I have with Serena. It took almost an entire week of denial for me to accept that the odds are against her.

I don't want to wait around to show her how much she means to me incase I never get the chance to tell her.

Besides, I'm sure about her, about us.

"Okay done," She announces, pulling herself off the chair and walking towards me.

Her long floral dress sways elegantly around her body as she walks over, her curly hair bouncing against her shoulders.

"You look beautiful," I tell her honestly, my hand wrapping around her waist.

"Thank you," She smiles. "Now.. are you going to tell me where we're going?" She teases as I lead her through the house.

"It's a surprise," I tell her, grabbing my keys off the kitchen counter. "You know I hate surprises," She giggles as I open the front door, letting her walk through first.

"You didn't seem to mind the last one," I remind her, referencing my little picnic date. She hums in agreement, interweaving her hand with mine as we walk over to the car.

I pick our new pastel pink Porsche so we can put the top down, the heat being almost unbearable right now.

Serena had mentioned how it was her dream car and I just coincidentally happened to buy one a few days later.