Running out of time

The past six days have been simultaneously eventful and uneventful

We've spent the entire week being lazily, eating copious amounts of food and watching movies all day and yet it's been the most exciting week of my life.

Me and Emilio had sex, the best sex of my life.

The way he treated me was something I've never felt before, the gentleness and care he had with me was a drastic contrast to James.

Ever since that night we haven't been able to keep our hands off each other, spending our time in captivity in each other's beds.

We've grown very close, being trapped in the house together means we've barley had any time away from each other. I feel like I've actually been able to peak into his mind and understand him.

He opened up to me about his life and his past relationships and I did the same, sharing details I've never told anyone else before.

We've become inseparable and I know I should feel guilty but I don't, the safety and warmth I feel around him outweighs any negative feeling.

I wasn't supposed to let him get close but I'm weak. I just pray he'll forgive me when I'm gone. 

"You sure you're up for it?" Emilio asks, coming strolling into the bedroom. "Yeah I feel better," I yawn, trying to smile reassuringly.

My health has been quickly deteriorating over the past week, I've had a fever most nights and Emilio has been up taking care of me.

I knew my health would start getting worse eventually but I'm having a hard time accepting it now, especially when I have so much to live for.

"Here," He says, picking up a jacket off the armchair and wrapping me in it.

"Are you going to tell me what you've been up to now?" I smirk as he leads me through the house and towards the back garden.

He's been sneaking about all day arranging something and I have no clue what he's been doing.

He opens the back door and we both step out onto the patio, the sun setting around us and leaving the sky glowing a soft orange colour.

"Just a bit further," He encourages, leading me towards the end of the vast garden. We walk a full minute to get to the bottom, the house now sitting far away in the distance.

"Emilio this is beautiful," I gasp.

There's a blanket on the floor, surrounded by lanterns and rose petals. Two plates wrapped in foil sit on top of the picnic basket, the smell of freshly cooked food emitting from it.

"I can't believe you did this for me," I gush, turning to face him. He's already looking down at me, his face glowing under the soft light of the candles.

I stand up on my tippy toes, tilting my head up to deliver a peck to his lips.

"This smells so good," I praise, sitting down on the blanket.