Prologue

The girl furrowed her brow, staring at her new teacher. The man looked.... Homeless.

"Excuse me, but.... Are you our teacher?" She asked, concerned.

The man seemed surprised, not expecting anyone to notice him so quickly. The other students all turned to him, each one more confused than the other.

Aizawa exited his sleeping bag, saying "Huh, not bad.... For her. The rest of you, if I was a villain, you'd all be dead."

He turned his attention back to the girl. Light almond skin, fierce green eyes, black hair that was shaved on one side, the other draped over the other half of her face. She wore the standard UA uniform....

Ugh, she smells like cigarettes.

"You, what's your name?" Aizawa asked, staring at her.

"Oh!" The girl bowed, saying "I'm Hoka Morikaga, sir!"

Huh. More polite than the others.

"Morikaga.... Have the other students put on their gym uniforms, and meet me outside."

.

Aizawa definitely already wanted to expel a few students. Hot shots, some of them. The others, much too ego filled.

"Hoka Morikaga. Your turn for the ball throw." He stated, watching the girl-

Oh hell no.

The girl lifted a cigarette to her lips, the other students staring in horror.

"Morikaga-"

"Relax, it's for my quirk."

She held up a prescription, Aizawa reading through it.

"Tobacco Hawk Moth?" He questioned.

She nodded, taking a large pull from the cigarette, black marks appearing under her eyes, almost like they were bags. Yellow spots with a black dot in the center of them appeared on the sides of her neck and on her arms, a large one on the back of each of her hands.

She took the ball, walking up to the starting point.

".... Sorry about the smoke."

She threw the ball, a burst of smoke coming from her arms to project it further.

".... Three hundred and seven meters." Aizawa stated. "Morikaga, meet me after class." He quickly added.

.

"You are aware that smoking isn't allowed in school, right? Even with your prescription...." Aizawa began.

She girl scoffed, turning away from him.

"So what, it's my quirk."

"You should respect your peers more." Aizawa sighed.

Another student out of his class-

"Look, I'm sorry about the smoking, but it's necessary for my quirk." She said, bowing.

"Could you explain it more?"

"My quirk is called Tobacco Hawk Moth. In short, I'm only a 'caterpillar', in a sense. I can't produce any smoke without absorbing some sort of tobacco, so smoking is my only option." She explained.

He raised a brow, saying "Why not just eat tobacco leaves?"

"Ha, those are more expensive. At this point, I burn through a third of a box a day. Look, I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have smoked in your class."

She bowed again, lower this time.

'She has to? Hmm....'

".... Support items are a thing. I can put in a word to see if I can get some specialty made cigarettes with a higher level of tobacco made for you."

"Wha-"

He held out his hand, grinning.

"Welcome to class 1A of the hero course."