thirty six

________________________________
@TMZ:

liked by 47,826,263 peopleTMZ: It seems Olivia Ricciardo is missing the United States the Grand Prix today as she is spotted in Monaco heading to court with her lawyers

TMZ: It seems Olivia Ricciardo is missing the United States the Grand Prix today as she is spotted in Monaco heading to court with her lawyers. Is Adam getting out? Are they battling?

comments:

username: bless her

random083: ugh who cares

adelinebonnet: do you have nothing better to do than follow my best friend around with a camera? I mean, how sad.
________________________________
United States Grand Prix November 1st:

"She isn't here today huh?" Christian asked him, watching as max caught the ball, a little reaction test they often did before a race.

Max shook his head, throwing the ball back to him, "Nope, this whole divorce paper situation is crazy.. he refuses to sign or something."

Christian nodded, watching as max spoke about her with such a softness in his voice, such a gentle admiration for the girl "She's really nice max, I'm really happy for you." Christian told him, like a way of giving his approval to the young driver.

To max, Christian was the closest person to his dad in the entire world, he had been more of a father to max in three years than Jos had been his entire life, "You like her?" Max asked him.

He nodded, holding the ball to himself "The whole family does, bluebell was shocked when you guys were at the door, she's obsessed with Olivia," Christian mentioned "Monty was calling her aunt liv by the time you guys left the dinner."

Max chuckled at that, pulling his cap down lower over his face to hide the large smile gracing his face, "She does that, she wiggles her way into peoples hearts."

"That she does," Christian agreed "We watched her on Jimmy Fallon, I mean, we had no idea. I know that wasn't easy for her but I can't imagine how much it's probably impacted you to. I wanted to tell you, I'm sorry max."

Max shrugged, this was an awkward conversation to have, "I'm standing here aren't I? She's my girlfriend and I'm about to win a world championship, though it's still chaotic, I've never been happier with someone in my life."

Christian laughed "Yeah, suppose that's true. She makes you a better person max and I know it's corny but, I've seen a change in you since you met her, and it's all positive."

"Yeah?"

"Definitely," Christian nodded "Now, please go and drive like your life depends on it. Because it does, you'll be one step closer to the win."

"My life doesn't depend on it," max said before turning away "Olivia will still be here for me whether I win or not, so either way, I think I've won at life."

"Please stop talking about my sister like that, it makes me feel sick." Daniel gagged walking into the paddock, his orange overalls on.

"Shouldn't you be in the car already?" Christian asked the Ricciardo sibling that previously drove for him, "Or come to check out the competition?"

"Come to check out this dude," Daniel poked max on the arm "He threw a killer party for liv the other night, it was great."

"And I wasn't invited?" Christian sarcastically questioned before walking over to Sergio's car, Sergio was in the running for third place which would mean a double podium win for red bull.

"No one over eighty mate, sorry." Daniel jokes but Christian simply rolled his eyes at the man, focusing his attention back on checo.

Max laughed a little, Olivia and Danny were so different and yet so similar sometimes, "Why are you really here Danny?"

"Do I need an excuse?" Daniel replied.

"No, I suppose not." Max shrugged taking a sip of his drink, it was harder racing in hot countries, it really took a toll on the drivers.

"We're going to be spending a lot of time together in the future," Daniel says "Might as well get used to it now."

Typically, older brothers aren't too fond of their little sisters going out with one of their mates. But this situation was different, not only was anybody on earth better than Adam Laurent but max was someone that Daniel wholeheartedly trusted.

When Daniel first met max, the boy was only eighteen maybe even seventeen and he had a lot of rage in him. He was dangerous and a major threat to the competition, he was a big risk for red bull to take signing a teenager but damn didn't they make the right choice.

Since being teammates and getting to know max, Daniel had really considered him one of his closest, Max laughed at the man, "Yeah, alright then. Go get in your car Danny, I'd rather beat you sooner than later."

"Fiesty," Daniel replies "Never took my sister as a fan of that attitude."

"Never took you as an idiot either, you can go now." Max said ushering him out of the paddock so they could all get to their positions on the starting grid, Max was starting first today and he was hoping to end it there too.

Daniel jokingly held his middle finger up to the Dutch man making him laugh in the process, which was frowned upon by the garage guest of the day, "Max, be serious for two minutes." Jos sighed standing near the car.

Since Olivia couldn't make it he had a free paddock pass and Jos just happened to be fresh in his mind so he thought why not, max had definitely improved since the last time Jos saw him race in person and he wanted to prove it to him, "I am." Max replied hesitantly.

Jos shrugged, crossing his arms in the process, "Act like it then, this means something max. All of these races mean something, you shouldn't be joking around minutes before. That's not a good racing mindset."

Max nodded, not really taking his dads words in, he climbed into the car and adjusted the steering wheel to his liking, waiting for Christian to give them word they could get out on the grid, "You better win today max." Jos said to him, making max ignore him even more than he already was.

Christian wasn't fond of Jos in the slightest, hardly anyone was in the whole garage, having him there was more pressure than racing for a championship, it never failed to stress max out.

As soon as max was on the starting grid waiting for the other drivers to finish their formation lap Christian spoke to him through the radio, "Max, I know that it's a lot to take, but you can do it today, and if you don't it's not the end of the world. We believe in you."

Max nodded in his car, "Yeah.. thank you." It didn't make sense to max, this race wasn't really a big deal but he was nervous anyway. There was still three races of the season left but if he won today he had better chances, that was all. But he was scared, especially by Jos.

Then, that's when it happened, "Hi max! I'm sorry I can't be there with you today physically, but wherever I am trust me I'm watching. Don't let Jos or anyone else put pressure on you, don't shrink yourself down okay? I believe in you and my only hope is that you start to believe in yourself too. I'm so proud you've made it this far, I love you. Oh, it's Olivia by the way if you couldn't tell. Not some random Aussie woman on the radio, I sent a voice message to Christian this morning."

Christian had played a voice note of liv over the radio to him, he didn't have time to respond before lights out and they were all off. And in that moment, max knew that he had this win in the bag. And boy did he.

A win with eleven seconds between him and second place.