fifteen

After Max won the Spanish Grand Prix I went to Daniel and Heidi's hotel and Adam left for Australia, where it was spontaneously agreed that we would fly to vegas the following morning. They both had numerous questions about the wedding that nobody wanted to happen but I refused them and said we'd discuss it later.

The next morning I was a zombie, I hardly remembered being in the airport or the flight at all. Other than the fact Adam was texting me like crazy and asking what the hell I was doing, my excuse was that it was a surprise bachelorette away and the girls were persistent on taking me.

He eventually said it was fine but I would have gone anyway, I needed to spend some more time with Danny and Heidi. They keep me happy and seemingly sane, "Ready to gamble away dickhead Laurent's money livvy?" Daniel asked as we reached the hotel.

"I'm ready to sleep actually." I told them, I tried to sleep on the plane but it didn't work out. It's just uncomfortable.

"Sleep all day, party all night. I see you girl." Heidi joked holding me upright as we walked through to the reception, Danny in front of us as he was the one to book the rooms.

"Oh my god Daniel ricciardo!" One of the hotel staff members pointed out and I internally groaned, people is not what any of us want to deal with right now.

"Look, my ballsack is sweaty and we need our rooms, it's booked under Ricstappen." Daniel told the man and he immediately began looking on the computer to get the right keys.

"Ricstappen? You think your clever?" I asked him rolling my eyes at the ship name, flashback to weeks ago when he was mad I was even in the boys apartment .

"That sounds ridiculous mate." A voice said, we all turned to see the one and only championship leader himself, max verstappen, in our hotel in Las Vegas.

"Ah there he is," Daniel smiled "Right, a room key for us and one for you guys." He passed me the key and I didn't even care in that moment, I knew it was an intervention, Daniel had made me come to Las Vegas with max to forget about Adam.

It made sense why max was in his drivers room now, "One room?" I asked him and he nodded before childishly running off to the elevator and going to their floor leaving max and I by the frond desk.

"I will buy you a room if you want." Max considerately offered, I shrugged, the room would have two beds anyway. It didn't make any difference to me.

Turns out I was wrong, "One bed... look my offer still stands I can go down there now." Max said shoving his hands in his pockets like he does when he's nervous, a trait that liv had picked up on.

"I'm too tired for the fuss." I admitted, pushing my suitcase on the floor that max generously carried up the stairs, "I don't care if Danny gets what he wants."

"I can sleep on the floor." Max suggested, but there was only one blanket and it wasn't the nicest hotel they'd ever been in.

Olivia shook her head "Don't be ridiculous, come on." She patted the spot in the bed next to her after climbing in under the sheets, as she fell asleep in the bed next to him he couldn't even think of all the things he would do to stop her marrying Adam. He watched her as she breathed peacefully, most likely dreaming about better days where she didn't share rooms with him. He wondered how he could have gotten so lucky to have her in his life, because there was no way Max deserved such an angel.

————-

Waking up next to  Olivia was a dream come true for Max. Ever since he'd met her, there was no way he could get her out of his head, everything he saw, thought, or said reminded him of the beautiful girl lying next to him.
Max asked her to stay with him every night since he found out Adam kicked her out, Max said that he wanted to make sure she was safe, but it was really to make sure he wouldn't go crazy without her with him, but she just got up and moved all on her own. A month in Greece with no contact whatsoever, and it killed him.

Twelve hours of sleep later, Max walked out of his room into the hotel room in a white dress shirt and tie tucked into pleated grey slacks. As he adjusted the buttons of his sleeves, the white fabric pulled tight on his back, from behind him he heard a hum. He turned to meet Olivia's eyes and a smile spread on her face.

"You look really good in that." She walked closer to him and put her head on his shoulder, a nice compliment. She was yet to get dressed and in her pyjamas still, max had an event this evening and Daniel would go with him whilst Heidi and liv partied.

"You look really good in everything." He whispered so quietly she could hardly hear, her cheeks became warm and she couldn't help the feeling in her stomach, like her insides were melted together.

Max and Daniel had agreed to only spend a few hours there before going to meet the girls at one of the casinos, he was delighted to see that Olivia had gotten better at pool as they wandered in. Max was careful to not get too drunk, Olivia, however, didn't hold back, she definitely had more than she anticipated that night, she was under a lot of stress the past few days and now everything was good again.

Max found her vulnerable state adorable and loved the way she sashayed toward him, on her way back from the bar with two shots in her hands, both for her. She could not hold her liquor, so Max would have to hold her hair as she threw up in the back alley on their way back to the hotel as Daniel and Heidi wanted to stay back a few more hours.

"Come on, liv, let's get you home." Max said, grabbing onto her hand in attempt to steady her as she wobbled along the sidewalk.

"Hey I have a boyfriend, If he sees you touching me he'll get mad," she said then whispered loudly to max "He's a formula one driver." Max smiled at that, clearly she was confused, "World champion at the moment, and did I tell you he's really hot? Because he is."

"I believe you." Max laughed, walking down the street, only a few blocks from the hotel.

"I'm so proud of him." She said after a few moments of whining, and to Max it sounded like the only sober thing she had said all night, it was honest. He couldn't help his eyes from filling with tears when she said that, he'd spent so long trying to prove to people that he was worth something and here was the most important person in his life telling him she was proud of him.

The next morning, Olivia woke up to a pounding headache and a commotion coming from downstairs. She groaned as she turned over and shoved her face in her pillow.

"How ya feelin' liv?" Max whispered, walking into the bedroom where she was rolling around in.

"Like absolute shit."

"Now we can't have that, can we? Sit up, darling, I made you some breakfast." Max said, placing the tray in his hand on the bedside table, turning her over slowly. She looked at him and smiled, he wore a pair of sweatpants that sat low on his hips. It was unusual to see him in anything but a red bull T-shirt to be honest.

"Thank you, Max, you didn't have to do that." She sat up and giggled as Max sat the tray on her lap, they could have just gone down to the buffet, he didn't have to do this and he still did. Adam would never.

"Anything for you." He said, kissing her forehead, and then walked out of the room, leaving Olivia's heart swelling, her face was hot and her smile wouldn't go away, she was his girl deep down.