twenty five

________________________________
@vogue:

________________________________@vogue:

liked by 39,863,023 people vogue: the wedding of the century finally arrived in beautiful country of Monaco this morning, guests stated it was the most 'beautiful ceremony ever' and 'simply magical' and it most definitely was

vogue: the wedding of the century finally arrived in beautiful country of Monaco this morning, guests stated it was the most 'beautiful ceremony ever' and 'simply magical' and it most definitely was. Congratulations to the newlyweds Mr & Mrs Laurent! 🤍💍✨

comments disabled
________________________________

I step into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me, my lungs begin to burn, my legs become weak and I cannot help but collapse onto the cold hard floor.

There's this sensation inside, a deafening humming alongside a surge of heaviness which seems to tighten my throat. My hands shake with so much vigor, I clench them together, then hold them against my mouth.

Trapping the cries that fled my soul.

And I sit on that floor, walking my silent song of pain, sinking my talons into my palms, waiting for it to go away. And when it finally does, I stare into that mirror and draw on a smile, covering all that had happened.

I practice my fake laugh, as fake as it gets. And no one will ever notice, for practice makes perfect. I'm not done with my wedding, it's hardly even began, I still have the celebrating part to go. And I don't feel ready for that.

"Oh Olivia you changed," Mrs Laurent noticed pointing to my now short sparkly dress "Is this a design of yours?"

Since I had expressed to Adam that I didn't get to pick my dress he said I could wear something to the party afterwards, I nodded firmly, "Coming online next month."

She nodded, leaning closer to hug me, was she finally accepting me, she never hugs anyone let alone me, as she got centimetres away from me she whispered into my ear softly "It won't last long, lap it up whilst you can." 

It was menacing sounding, like she had put a curse on our marriage already, I gulped and leaned back nodding awkwardly and taking another sip of my wine, another, another and then another. It would be the only way I got through the evening.