thirty

"Olivia! Wake up!" Max said, sounding rather serious for an early morning. So serious it was actually kind of scaring me.

"What? What happened? Are you okay?" I asked whisper shouting as it was only six in the morning and we fell asleep rather late, he pointed to my phone that was ringing.

"Hello? Who's this?" I asked it sleepily, rubbing my eyes gently as I tried to wake myself up.

"Liv it's Henry. We've got him."

———————

As we pulled up to Adam and I's home it dawned on me that now I would own this property completely, there was six police cars parked on the driveway and up the street blocking off the road.

Max was looking wide eyed at my house, he'd never been to my home and it was a crazy realisation. I love a boy who's never been to my house. I love a boy I've known since March. Our whole.. relationship is utter nonsense.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I watched as the police knocked the door down that clearly Adam had locked, it was crazy, watching my house get raided like that, Adam had been texting me like crazy since I stayed with Sara and Chris but he clearly doesn't care that much because he would've come and found me himself if he was concerned.

As the police entered the house, max, Henry and I trailed behind them, I didn't care if max was in the photos that paparazzi were now taking of the scene, that was the least of my concerns, "Adam! Keep your hands in the air where I can see them!" A police officer shouted as they found him in the kitchen on the second floor of seven.

He raised his arms and looked around in confusion, watching as Max and I walked into the room too, "What? What's going on officer? This is a misunderstanding I'm sure."

Henry laughed to me, watching as the police put him in handcuffs, "Adam Laurent you are being arrested by the country of Australia, On account of domestic abuse, two accounts of attempted murder fraud and suspected drug abuse."

holy shit

"Wait what?!" Adam yelled looking straight to me as if I was supposed to step in and help him, little does he know...

"Anything you say and do can and will be used against you in the court of law." The officer finished pulling him close and tightening the handcuffs.

"Olivia get my lawyers!" He shouted to me as I watched with my mouth gaped, he didn't comment on max. If he did he'd probably end up with another sentence, when I didn't respond he shouted again "Get that man arrested! He beat me in my own home!"

I raised a brow, max almost laughed "What do you mean? It was self defence in her apartment. Don't even try it Adam." Henry told him, the man had his receipts for sure.

I kept thinking about the charges for a minute, "Attempted murder who else has he tried to kill?" I asked, one of the accounts was me when he crushed my windpipe and the time he stamped on my head but that counts as one right? Oh darn, I forgot about the bag over the head time too!

Then all of a sudden Mrs Laurent was in the room watching her son get dragged away, he must've called her when he heard the sirens in the street, they're still blaring now, soon the whole road of neighbours will be out with the paparazzi getting images of him in the cuffs.

What a weekend.

At least if other Mrs Laurent beats me half to death a lawyer is in the room to witness it, she stepped closer to me and I braced myself mentally, this woman was about to make my life a misery, that's why I was surprised at what left her mouth, "I'm sorry it took this long liv, I tried to scare you off in your apartment all those months ago but now I realise it probably scared you into staying. Im sorry. You don't deserve to be tangled up in this."

I choked on air, max patted my back a little but I was shocked "Wait what? You- what?"

"She's been working with us on this for a long time, we contacted her as soon as you came to us. She's been a really big help, it's how we learnt of his other behaviours." Henry added, smiling to her as she went over to greet him, politely shaking his hand.

Max and I looked at them with wide eyes as they chatted, "I just got your son arrested- you don't want to kill me?" I asked her just to clarify.

She shook her head and wandered over, "Oh no no, of course not. I mean I'm really the one who got him arrested and good riddance. He was insane. I'm very sorry you are so intertwined in this Olivia, I wished the wedding didn't go ahead for your sake. But here we are."

"I mean, if it's any consolation me too."

Now it made sense the comment at the wedding, the it will be over soon, she wasn't making a remark at my expense. She was literally trying to get him jailed, she also wouldn't pry her eyes from my neck and I silently prayed she wasn't judging me, "I was distraught when I heard of what he was doing to you, me and Henry have been working on this for a long time. Long before you."

"And the drugs? The fraud? The other murder attempt? What Is- I'm so lost." I told them, they both just shrugged not really wanting to get into it as he was being pulled out of the house.

"Well, it's done now." Max commented.

"It's done now." I repeated.

"Now you crazy kids can just get together and get married and have babies and all that stuff, the divorce papers will be with you by this afternoon." Henry told me, patting me gently as he walked out behind Louisa to watch Adam get driven to the station, "Though it's not completely done, you will have months, maybe years until this divorce is fully processed if he argues... but we can get it done."

I mean he'd get many years for all of that, no amount of money would get him out of that mess and his mother certainly wouldn't help him to do so, "Well, if you would have told me a year ago i was involved in an affair with a woman who was married for two weeks I would've laughed." Max chuckled to me, and I couldn't help but giggle back.

"I still laugh now." I told him truthfully, this was only the beginning of adams court drama but this was the beginning of max and I.

Officially.