"Just 'hmm'?" I narrowed my gaze at Blake, and he simply shrugged.

"I have no right to comment on a couple's matters. You need to sort this out on your own," Blake sighed, and I shot him a disappointed look.

"What? You guys are married, Niya, and you can decide to end this marriage if you want," Blake was right.

"What happens if I end it?" I considered his suggestion. Now that I had obtained everything I needed from this place, I no longer needed the title or to be associated with Cedric. The reason I hadn't ended this charade sooner was because I needed to be Mrs. Smith to access certain information and places.

"Well, not much," Blake shrugged and headed toward the main door.

"That's good," I followed him, only to come to a halt at his next words.

"He might end up losing his power, or sanity, or worst case, he might end up dead," my body froze, and a pang of pain shot through my chest at the thought of him dying.

Blake didn't stop; he kept walking without turning to see if I was following him.

"This is not what you meant by 'not much,' Blake," I jogged to catch up with him.

"Look, Niya, if you want to live, then you need to be selfish," Blake stopped and placed his firm hand on my shoulder, his eyes showing a mixture of concern and sincerity.

"Leave him now, as he hates you. Consequences might be less fortunate. But leave him later, and things might end up badly," Blake's voice held a gravity that pierced through my thoughts. He was serious; I could see it in his eyes. He was worried about Cedric, not just me.

"What do you mean?" My voice trembled slightly, my mind a blank canvas upon which the darkest possibilities painted their grotesque images.

"I... I..." Blake hesitated, releasing his grip on me to run his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"That day when they took you, he went rogue for a few seconds. His wolf was in control, destroying everything in his way. Cedric is known to have great control over his wolf, no matter the situation. He never lost control. He had his wolf tamed. But that day, everyone was terrified of him. He burned half the forest in your search," Blake's words hung in the air like an unspoken truth. He stopped as if sensing something, or someone.

I followed his line of sight and saw Cedric, the enigmatic figure of my confusion, staring at us from our room. A storm churned in the pit of my stomach, a tempest of emotions and questions.

"He looked so lost, he was restless. I thought he hated you, but that day it was different. And I know he doesn't hate you, and neither does he love you; he's in between. Don't let him cross the line of liking you if you plan to leave or end this charade. I know, Niya, why you stayed here. You wanted to help me; you saw the opportunity and took it. Our rules and our rituals don't matter or affect your human world, but they mean a lot to us," Blake's voice carried the weight of the unspoken understanding between us. His words revealed a side of Cedric that was both puzzling and unsettling.

"I like you, Niya, you're my friend, and I will support you in your decision, but as a gamma and a childhood friend of Cedric, I can't lose him. Don't let me be in a circumstance where I have to choose. I don't want to lose either of you. You're my first human best friend, but he's been there for me throughout my life. I hope you understand what I'm trying to convey," Blake sighed, and his eyes revealed the turmoil within him. His words were a plea, a plea for me to grasp the situation, for me to make the right choice.

"And no, don't let guilt decide for you. I don't want you to feel I'm making you feel guilty. I want what's best for you both," Blake smiled, but I could see it; his eyes told me what his mouth couldn't.