"i couldn't help it. he's too cute."

san stayed silent, deciding not to judge his horrendous lifestyle. still, seonghwa had never spent the night with someone, so it was probably going somewhere. then again, seonghwa was literally the epitome of 'non-committal'. he envied him nonetheless. at least he had hongjoong by his side. san almost regretted introducing them to each other now. if he hadn't, then the two of them could've wallowed in their loneliness together.

he didn't want to bring up the argument to seonghwa, because he didn't want him to end up hating wooyoung. he would lecture him on how it was stupid to keep taking the pain for the love, and tell him that wooyoung was just wasting his time. but san knew it wasn't like that; he hoped, at least. being left alone with all the intrusive thoughts and hurting made san feel truly alone, and even though wooyoung was the one responsible for this, he still wished wooyoung was by his side so he could confide in him. he really had no one else other than the dancer.

san could hardly sleep a wink these days, because every time he closed his eyes, all he thought about was their argument. the distrust in wooyoung's words as he spoke to him still plagued his mind. the way he looked at san like he was crazy, when he'd offered to leave his entire career behind for him. he knew it was a big step, but his feelings for wooyoung were so genuine that leaving his job for him seemed like nothing. it kind of hurt, knowing that wooyoung would probably never do that for him.

he couldn't even risk his identity being exposed, either. 

wooyoung was like a closed sphere, and no matter how many times san broke down his walls, he would just build up another one. trying to get through to him was exhausting, but to san, it was alright. he could just keep breaking down his walls until he reached his core. because wooyoung was worth it. the dancer clearly didn't feel the same way about it, though.

"let's wait at wong's office," seonghwa suggested, pushing the door to his office open with his shoulder. he had some guts, entering that place. wong and seonghwa had been arguing back and forth for a few days now, all because of the celebrity's relationship with hongjoong. san was on the receiving end as well, but he didn't really say anything back. was there a point in fighting for the recognition of something that had already ended?

"the two biggest reasons that i go to therapy twice a week are here," mr. wong grumbled upon seeing them, crossing his arms. "san's manager will be here soon, and he'll take the both of you. seonghwa, do you have any good news for me?" he asked, expecting a specific response in his mind. he wanted seonghwa to say he'd ended things with the guy he had been seeing.

"mhm!" he nodded joyfully, and mr. wong raised his eyebrows hopefully. "after a long time of sitting down and talking with him... i slept with him."

that was enough to eradicate any hope left in their boss. "you fucking bastard!" he exclaimed and seonghwa giggled, amusedly watching him throw his temper tantrum. it was almost admirable how little seonghwa cared for what people thought about him. every time he'd been in a scandal, he always accepted it or denied it truthfully via instagram live, even if wong hadn't permitted him to do so. maybe that's why seonghwa weirdly won the hearts of many. he was honest and carefree. 

once he was done throwing a fit, mr. wong fell back into his chair, panting. all his papers were spread out across the floor. seonghwa checked his wristwatch before looking up at wong. "have fun cleaning that," seonghwa teased. "his manager should be here by now, so bye, boss! come on, choi."

"you need to stop testing him like that, man." san said once they were out.

"who's he to tell me what to do, my boss?" seonghwa joked, scrolling through his social media. san chuckled at the comment.

 "hey, should we go get some drinks aft—..." seonghwa cut himself off as soon as he spoke, freezing in his spot. san, who was a few steps ahead of him already, turned around to look at him confusedly. seonghwa was staring at his phone screen, the expression on his face hidden by his cap and his mask. "uhh, san, i think you need to see this," his voice suddenly turned serious, and from far behind him, wong came bursting out of his room, screaming san's name. 

san furrowed his eyebrows, quickly approaching seonghwa before their boss could get to them. what could it be now? there was no way the netizens had managed to catch him in another scandal. he took his phone, eyeing the article before his eyebrows loosened upon seeing all the photos of wooyoung and him, where wooyoung's face had completely been exposed. the article went off in concerning detail about choi san's 'homosexual relationship' with an idol choreographer. how did they know so much about them? even in this situation, all he could think about was how wooyoung would react.

"fuck. wooyoung's going to freak once he sees this..." he muttered under his breath, and seonghwa looked up at him.

"no— san, look better. these are not paparazzi pictures. these are pictures i took of you and him at the carnival. there's no way anybody could've gotten their hands on this, unless...."

san's heart dropped in his chest as seonghwa spoke his next few words.

"...unless he went public with this himself."

"choi san!" mr. wong bellowed from a few feet ahead, face red as a tomato. "how are you going to fix this?!"