chapter forty three

san was only slightly skeptical when he offered a verbal contract

san was only slightly skeptical when he offered a verbal contract. he didn't think wooyoung would give in so easily, but it seemed the dancer had solid demands from san as well. wooyoung's rule was basically to be able to have san all for himself until their silly contract was over; if he'd been asked this from anybody else, san would shudder and refuse vehemently, but for some reason, hearing it from wooyoung gave him a dopamine rush as soon as he processed his words. 

he didn't even think wooyoung would ever agree to spending an hour with him everyday, yet here they were, in san's car that he'd hardly taken out since he came to the apartments, driving away in the late evening.

"why have i never seen you in this car?" wooyoung gasped in amazement, feeling around the faux leather interior. "it looks so expensive."

san took his eyes off the road to look at wooyoung. "that's fake leather you're touching," he said as a matter-of-factly because he didn't want wooyoung to make any further distinctions. sure, wooyoung lived in an expensive apartment himself and was well off too, but this car would cost the average person more than an arm and a leg.

"still, dude, this car is fucking expensive," wooyoung responded. an annoyed expression pulled at san's face at the sound of that word. did he have to keep doing that?

"i'm not your dude. stop calling me dude," he said annoyedly. wooyoung didn't want san treating other people the way he treated him, so it was only fair that he didn't talk to san like he was one of his bros.

wooyoung shrugged. "sorry, it's a habit," he dismissed passively, still looking around the car. "i wonder how many girls have sat in this seat."

san choked on his spit. now that he'd been given a taste of his own tendency to be straightforward, he was taken aback. his failure to compose himself caused wooyoung to turn to him with a suspicious glare before facing forward. "i don't even wanna know," he said, shaking his head. 

"you're the first one," he quickly regained his composure, "i don't use my car that often."

though it was the truth, wooyoung still looked at him like he didn't believe a single word that was coming out of his mouth. "...sure," wooyoung muttered and san scoffed defensively. 

"it's true!" he exclaimed, feeling wronged once more. then again, with all his love scandals, it was inevitable that people would see him as a player. he didn't even know how he'd ended up with so many rumors like that; it was more than the average celebrity. he was basically collecting scandals like pokemon cards. 

wooyoung hummed in response, not completely convinced. "then how many relationships have you been in?" he asked. he was being more candid and upfront than usual. maybe running away all the time without getting any answers to his questions had exhausted him. 

"three. two in high school and another one two years ago with an idol, and they were girls. the first two lasted two to three weeks tops because we were young, of course. the third one lasted half a year," he'd told wooyoung almost everything he needed to know because of his contractual promise to not keep secrets from the other.