chapter four

if looks could kill, jung wooyoung would have buried ms

if looks could kill, jung wooyoung would have buried ms. kim, as well as whatever lives she had left.

"why didn't you tell me?!" he screamed, causing the lady to flinch until she remembered his and her position.

it was sunday morning, and wooyoung was annoyed already, despite it being 8am. he had to thank san for draining him out so much that he somehow managed to grab 8 hours of sleep for once. he was now sitting on the steps outside next to ms. kim, trying to dump the blame on her for the happenings of yesterday.

"hey, don't yell at me like that!" she retorted defensively, "i'm your landlady, not the other way around. and besides, i tried to tell you yesterday but you were too busy cutting me off." that reminder was enough to silence wooyoung, but he was still irritated. for someone who had been impassive for the most part of each and every day that went by, wooyoung found he was starting to become easily irritable and short tempered. he didn't know if it was because his poor sleeping schedule was getting to him, or if a whole person was to blame.

he sighed, easily giving up knowing that were was nobody to blame for this but himself. and that was annoying. jung wooyoung hated taking the blame, especially when he deserved it. heck, everything was getting on wooyoung's nerves today. next to him, ms. kim was busy applying a questionable shade of lipstick. it was only then that wooyoung noticed she was more dressed up and presentable than usual.

wooyoung gave her a weird look. she furrowed her eyebrows at him in a self conscious way. "what?" she snarled before turning to look at her compact mirror again.

"you going somewhere?" wooyoung asked, curious about why she decided to put on an expensive looking black dress and a fancy little beret, as well as those gold and black heels.

she cleared her throat. "a date..." she said, looking anywhere but at wooyoung. "why, do i look weird?"

"no," wooyoung shook his head. "you look pretty. you pull more people than most at your fine age of 43." she snorted at that, shaking her head. it was true, though. the first time wooyoung had met the lady, he assumed she was probably in her late twenties or something. he gave her a tight lipped grin before staring at the ground again. "how did an actor end up living in an apartment like this, anyway?" he asked, "he seems well off enough to afford another house of his own. is he trying to play humble for publicity or some shit? if that's the case then you could've brought in a celebrity that's even a little more tolerable than this piece of shit—"

"his manager is... a friend of mine. he asked me for this favor, and i'm also getting some money out of it so i don't really mind." she grinned. of course she was doing this for the money. "he said san would get more privacy in an apartment than his home or anywhere else, because this way his fans and the reporters wouldn't find him easily."

wooyoung scoffed. "you know that's bullshit, right? this is an apartment, after all. dozens of people live here. if any one of them recognises him— which they obviously will— then it's practically game over from him. what kind of brainless idiot came up with this idea and thought it was a smart move?"