28

Venus felt a pit in her stomach, but it was handled with butterflies. She didn't know how she felt about the date she was going to in an hour.

She took a deep breath.

"Are you excited?" Pandora asks, and Venus shrugs,

"Kind of," She admits, and Pandora frowns, walking over to her; she puts her arms around her and looks at her through the mirror.

"Star, It's one date. You're not getting married to him. If there is no spark, if he's an asshole, then you can leave. You don't owe anyone anything."

"You can say that again," Emma says, going to the other side of Venus, wrapping her arms around both girls, "If he's an asshole, let me know, I'll rough him up for you."

Venus felt butterflies in her stomach as she applied the red lipstick. She had started to love that shade of her.

"Are you excited?" Pandora asks, and Venus nods as she stands up from the vanity mirror.

"What are you going to wear?" Emma asks, and Venus pulls out a dress above her knee and a cardigan.

"Do you know what you are doing yet?"

"Not a clue. He said, "He wants it to be a surprise." She giggles. Venus puts on her Mary Jane, clips her back with her butterfly clip, and smiles.

"I have to be at the Great Hall in 15 minutes." She says, leaving her dorm room and heading to the Great Hall.

"Hello, gorgeous." He says, reaching out his hand for hers, which she takes.

"Hi, Otis." She smiles, "Don't you look handsome?" She grins, which causes a blush to over Otis' cheeks.

Otis had product in his wavy hair and had neatly on his head instead of its usual unruly state; he had a grey sweater and dark-colored pants; he looked handsome, like he was trying to be taken seriously.

"Are you ready for the best date you ever had?" He asks, and Venus nods.

"Then let's go, pretty girl." He says he lets go of her hand as he turns around, and Venus shoves her hands into her jacket pocket.

"Are you scared of heights?" Otis asks, and Venus nods her head.

"Just a bit," She admits to him, and he smirks.

"Don't worry, love." He says, walking outside where his broomstick was against the side of the hallway, "Nothing's going to happen while I'm here." He says he gets on the broomstick.

"Where are we going?"

"Do you trust me?"

"Kind of?" She says she took in a deep breath. Otis told her to get in front of him on the stick, and she did as he asked; his arm went around her waist, and Venus' hands gripped the broomstick.

"It's only a five-minute flight, don't worry." He whispers to her as they start to lift off the ground. They begin to go higher and higher, and Venus' grip grows tighter, as does Otis' hold on her.

"Take a deep breath," Otis says as they start moving forward. Venus' eyes squeezed shut as soon as her feet stopped touching the ground.

"A bird," Otis whispers to her, and Venus opens one eye to see a bird flying next to them. Otis' hand is out, trying to touch it, but the bird squawks loudly at him.

"Sorry, Mister.Bird." Venus laughed at the bird, and it flew away from them, going higher into the clouds. That's when Venus saw the beautiful painting in front of her, her head resting on Otis' muscular chest as she stared in awe.