25

Everyone stood at the platform once again, their trunks already loaded onto the train as Venus said her goodbyes. 

Venus felt a new surge of excitement for her sixth year, she knew this was going to be her year. She walked onto the train and went to look for Emma in a compartment.

Pandora and Evan found her before she found Emma, but eventually, they found her at the back of the train with her drawing notebook in front of her.

"Took you long enough," Emma says, putting down her notebook and stuffing it into her bag.

"Where's Reg?" I ask Evan, who shrugs his shoulders as we sit down.

"Weird," Pandora says, sitting down next to Emma, "I'm sure he'll find us in his own time. Evan, who was your summer." She asks, crossing her legs.

"Nothing exciting. Father is less than thrilled about my friendship with you, Venus."

"Why do all parents seem to hate me?"

"My father says, and I quote," Evan cleared his throat to impersonate his father, "The Rosewoods turned Sirius Black against his loving and traditional family."

"It is always the Rosewoods." Venus had a small smile, "And the Potters. I think they always forget the part James played."

"He is practically a member of the Rosewood family," Emma says.

"That's true."

"This is going to be a good year. I can feel it." Evan says, and Venus nods in agreement.

"It's Dora's last year with us." Emma frowns, putting her hand on her shoulder.

"Wait, really?" Evan says, turning towards her.

"Yeah," Pandora says, "You're going to be on your own next year. Don't know how you're going to do without me."

"We'll have to survive somehow," Venus says.

On the long train ride, they would try to bring him into the conversation but he would respond in short answers and would just be in his own world.

When they got to Hogwarts, Pandora, Emma, and Venus, all went to their Hufflepuff table and talk quieter together in between cheers for the newest member of their house.

The three searched for Regulus but did not find him over at the table.

"This is just weird," Pandora says. They were all collectively worried about the dark-haired boy.

"He might just need some alone time after this summer," Venus says.

"Yeah, his parents are fucking horrible." Emma agrees with Venus, but Pandora looks over at the entrance.

"Guys?" Pandora says, her eyes not able to leave.

Venus and Emma both look over to where her gaze seems to be stuck, there was Regulus Black holding hands with Silver Crouch, and Venus's jaw dropped.

"What in the fucking hell?" Venus exclaimed.

"Silver Croch?" Emma says, "That fucking traitor." 

Venus' hand went to one of the scars on her arms from Silver's attack and she could only feel anger bubbling inside of her as she saw them together.

She took in a deep breath, "There has to be a reason why he is with that fucking evil bitch." She says the last part with a little more anger than she meant to.

"Has to be," Pandora says.

"We are just going to blindly give the evil Black Brother the ben-"

"Emma," Venus says, shaking her head, "He's not evil and we are going to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's never proved us wrong before and I'll talk to him tonight at the astronomy tower."