2

(time skip to 4th year) 

Venus adjusts her yellow and black tie for what feels like the millionth time, but Emma comes up behind her, moving over Venus' mountain of curls to the side, placing her chin on Venus' shoulder.

"Star," Emma says, looking at her through the mirror, "We can't be late for our potions class on the first day! Slughorn loves but not that much!"

"Yeah," Venus smoothes her skirt again and grabs Emma and her bag before they quickly walk to their fifth-year potions class.

"Emmaline, Venus. So glad to see you again. Emma, you'll be sitting with Mr. Zabini, and Venus, you are sitting with Mr. Black." Venus went to the middle of the room with Regulus.

"Hello, Regulus," Venus says. She remembers back to the first train ride. They have been in each other's classes for the past few years but have yet to be seated together.

"Rosewood," His tone is dull. Venus sat in her chair, Regulus shifted farther away from her, and Venus frowned at the action.

Regulus didn't say anything, and neither did Venus. Venus caught herself staring at the boy as they paid attention to the class.

It wasn't the first time she caught herself doing this. She always thought the younger Black brother was beautiful, even when he had a baby face. He grew a little since they were 11.

Regulus could feel her eyes on him, so he tried to listen in to hear, "He's beautiful."

Regulus heard her voice banging around his head. He glanced over at her. She quickly put her eyes back on the paper.

Regulus couldn't believe what he had just heard. She couldn't have been talking about him.

He was awkward looking—all bones and hair. But her. She was beautiful, even when she had frizzy hair.

When the teacher dismissed them, Regulus Black stuck in her brain like a brain rot. Once he was in, he never left.

She went to the History of Magic class to find Regulus Black again, "We met again," Venus said with a bright smile as she sat down, but he said nothing as the smile went into a line.

"Hello," Regulus says to her. He wants to keep the conversation going and learn more about her, but he isn't good at the art of conversation. But, of course, that wasn't true, but Venus wasn't Evan, Pandora, Dorcas, or Barty. She was different.

Regulus was playing with his wand in between his fingers, twirling.

"How do you do that?" Venus asks, taking out her wand, "Is that a black walnut?" She asks, and he nods.

"Yes, it's a unicorn hair core."

"Mine too!" Venus says with a big smile, "Can I see yours? I've never seen a black walnut before." She asks, and Regulus nods, handing the wand to her.