23

Emma, Pandora, and Venus were with each other in the last few days. They were doing nothing and everything.

Swimming, hanging out with the boys, having late-night bonfires in Monty and Effie's backyard, they even shot off some muggle fireworks that Leo somehow managed to get.

Venus was worried about the boys blowing themselves up, but Sirius nearly missed his hand while trying to blow one up.

"I never knew anything muggles made could be so cool." He smiles as he watches bundled up next to Venus, the fireworks making pretty colors against the dark night sky.

Pandora on the other side of her, and James on the other side of Sirius. Emma and Leo sitting together a foot away.

One night their last night together, they had a big sleepover at Monty and Effie's, they all stayed in Sirius and James' room, and they stayed up almost the whole night together, telling the most random stories, embarrassing ones, scary stories they made up until they all passed out together.

The goodbyes didn't have tears, just hugs and, "See you at 9 3/4," They both took the floor network, and after the girls left, Venus got hard at work at Regulus' birthday cupcakes.

It would not be anything big or fancy, just a simple cake. It would be a vanilla cake with chocolate frosting, and the writing was, "Happy Birthday, Reggie!" on all 20 of the cupcakes.

Venus had already made up two party hats for the two of them. Unfortunately, she had to wait another day for Regulus' birthday. She was excited to see him. She was almost bursting with excitement, and she could barely go to sleep.

She grabbed their notebook; Regulus hadn't written anything to her for almost the month they had been out. Then, finally, she felt a slight tug on a heartstring and wrote inside, "Happy early birthday, Reg!"

Then an idea popped into her head. She hoped it would help with her insomnia. So she got up to make a birthday card for Regulus.

It had his favorite colors. Green was the card paper, and purple was the writing on the card. She couldn't draw at all.

Regulus, on the other hand, she thought, he could draw. He could draw, write poetry, play the piano, and do many other things.

She started to write down how special he was, how much she missed him, and how happy he was.

She drew small flowers over the card, and on the back was a tiny little cake with candles and two stick figures (that were supposed to be the two) with little party hats on.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The sun was finally kissing the sky goodnight as Venus started going to 12 Grimmauld Place.

She wore jeans and a flowy sage green shirt with little flowers. She had matching flower pins in her growing hair and the cake, card, and a little present for Regulus. She had asked Sirius where in the house Regulus would be.

He drew her a small map of everything and told her what window she would need to enter to get to his room.

She took her wand and made her things float beside her. As she grabbed onto James' broomstick, she mounted it. Her hands gripped it harder as it started to go high into the air. She took in a deep breath as she went quickly towards the window.

She looked inside it, and Regulus was in his bed with his back turned to the window, and Venus frowned.

She knocked on the window and immediately went back to gripping the broom. Regulus sprung up from his bed, looking around in confusion.