3

"Dear Diary,

Hogwarts is boring—the same four walls. The people are the same, but at least there is one exciting thing now, Regulus Black. Sirius, beautiful brother. He's shy, observant, and, dare I say, sweet. But he's nothing like any boy I ever meet. He's not like any of the Marauders or the Hufflepuff boys. We have another Astronomy class together; I am excited about it. Maybe, I'll get him out of his shell, eventually.

V.R.R."

"Dear Journal.

Today is Wednesday, September 10th, 1975. Pandora and I are still best friends, but I have a possible new friend. Venus Rosewood. The younger sister of one of Sirius's idiotic friends, but she is not an idiot. She's so bubbly and sweet. She is friendly to everyone, even those who call her names. She is still kind to them. Unfortunately, I don't understand her, and I don't think we can be friends because of mother and father. They hate the Rosewoods,' but Venus makes me feel something different, but I can't.

R.A.B"

Venus sits on the steps to the Astronomy Tower, waiting for Regulus as they had discussed in their charms class.

"Hiya!" She chirps as Regulus sits down beside her. He looks down at his ring-covered hands.

"Venus," He says to her, not making eye contact, "I don't think we can be friends."r friends.

Regulus couldn't bring up the courage to look at her, but when he did, he saw a deep frown.

"Why?" She asks him, facing towards him now. He sighs.

"I can't."

"Is this about your friends? They don't want you to befriend me because I'm a 'half-breed' and a 'blood traitor.'" She uses air quotes, mocking Silver Crouch's voice.

"No. No."

"So, it's you?"

"No, I-I want o be friends with you, "My parents," Venus immediately felt the anger bubbling inside stop the mention of Walburga and Orion. Venus puts her hand on her arm, making him look back at her.

"I understand." She says. She hated Walburga and Orion. She had never met them, thank Merlin, but she hated them. The way they treated Sirius and Regulus made her blood boil with rage.

"I am sorry," He says, and Regulus shakes her head.

"What if we just are friends in secret." Regulus had confusion written all over his face, and Venus nodded.

"How do we do that?"

Venus pulls out two notebooks and a wand performing a charm spell she had taught herself two years ago for her and Pandora. She explained to Regulus that whatever she wrote in this notebook would show up in his, and whatever he wrote in his would come up in hers.