" Mission : Rescue Wei Ying!" CHAPTER 8 UPDATED NEW

Part 8
Mission: Rescue Wei Ying!

Marcus

"My lord, they are here."

"Ah, Dimitri! Have I not expressed my desire time and again of not wanting to be bothered with trivial affairs?"

"My lord, they have called upon an army to rescue a boy, Xian has held captive in the fort. We cannot let them...."

"I have little concern for Xian's muse, and if he decides to risk his life for an insignificant human, so be it. I can see that your charge has grown so decadent over the passing years that now you find it prudent to even bring these matters to my concern."

"But my lord, that boy is none other than Wei Ying, Augustus Constantine's companion."

The Sian boy?

"Did you say the Sian boy Dimitri?"

"Yes, my lord, the same," Dimitri answered me, bowing his head.

This certainly made for an interesting turn of events.

"Very well then. What you will now do is summon Xian and have him know that I want the boy brought over and make sure he is alive. He will be of use to us."

"What about the slayers, my lord?"

"They can be dealt with. Oh, and do ask the guard to vacate the fortress, will you? We will be needing them here."

These meddlesome petty low lives would never learn from their mistakes. Well, they paid for their foolishness with their lives. But I have to admit the newborn turned out to be far more useful than I could have ever anticipated. This boy would lead me to my nemesis, the last living member of the Constantine clan, the one who apparently held the key to destroy me and also the only one who would pave way for the salvation of my ancestors. But alas his curse made sure that the whole of my clan would be damned eternally for he could never lay a finger on me and neither would I be able to doom him to the same fate I meted out to his ancestors. Strange are the wayward games destiny brings forth upon mortals and immortals alike.

I laughed at the irony of it all.

______________________

Wei Ying

Before I could realise what was happening around me, I was blindfolded and dragged away by Xian's henchmen. I knew it would be a moot point to struggle, and the blood loss had rendered me weak enough as it is. So I tagged along with them. I wouldn't mind so long as it brought me time to escape Xian's clutches. I would much rather die than turn into a monster. I shall never be the one to force Lan Zhan to make a choice that would destroy him forever.

"We don't have forever, Adam. We need to get to the castle before nightfall," Xian barked to one of his cronies.

After what seemed like an eternity, I heard the creak of a door, and I was thrown down unceremoniously onto the cold stone floor when I heard an authoritative male voice.

"Xian, be careful there. You heard me. Marcus wants the boy alive and if anything were to happen to him...."

"I know it, Dimitri," Xian hissed back at the person who spoke before, whom I presumed to be Dimitri now.

"Though I wonder why he is so interested in Wei Ying," he said in a disdainful voice.

"And that's none of your concern. If Marcus says he lives, he does and if you were to go against his orders, then you know the consequences too my pal," he said in an authoritative voice laced with sarcasm while Xian cussed out loud.