Wei Ying's Whereabouts!" Chapter 7 Updated

Part 7
Wei Ying's whereabouts

Wei Ying

When I woke up, it was dark all around me. For a moment I lost track of time and wondered where I was. It hurt like hell to even move my head and everything was hazy before my eyes. Then the memories of last night and this morning began to unfold before my eyes, slowly.

Our encounter with Selene and Xian and the fight that ensued later where I killed Selene and Lan Zhan killed Xian. Then the next morning when Lan Zhan confessed to me that he loves me and made love to me. We were about to fly to China to start a new life together leaving all this mess behind. I was packing our bags, waiting for him to come back. I was talking to Augustus over the phone and then...

Few hours ago

"I am so happy for you prince. So, well you did get a fairy tale ending amidst this madness. You deserve better than Transylvania, trust me," he said in a cheery tone while I was all smiles.

I had never imagined Lan Zhan would ever love me let alone have a life with him. I suppose dreams do come true after all. But I would miss Augustus a lot. He was the only friend I had and leaving him behind was the only sad part about my happy beginning. Could everything really be so perfect? But somewhere deep down, I am not sure why, I still had this nagging fear that something would go dreadfully wrong. Must be the errant thought of a silly mind I chided myself.

"You there, prince?"

"Huh?" I broke out of my reverie when I heard his voice again.

"Yep. Sorry. Just mulling over.... ummm... you know, some things," I told him but he didn't buy that.

"Prince is something bothering you?" he asked me in a worried tone.

"No, it's nothing Augustus. Guess the events of last night had me stressed. I just want to leave it behind."

"Look, that's a closed chapter for now, ok? Don't brood over ghosts from the past. Let them stay locked up in a closet. Now forget about that. Tell me one thing. How did you go about taming a stubborn mule like Lan Wangji , hey?" he teased me.

"Shut up Augustus. He isn't stubborn, just a wee bit thick headed," I said chuckling and he laughed along with me.

"Hark who's talking! No wonder you guys got along like a house on fire."

"You might as well take digs at me as you won't be seeing much of me from now on," I snapped at him and then I felt miserable for saying that. I would miss my best friend more than I could ever admit to anyone, even to myself. I am sure even he felt the same.

"Hey, don't feel sad, prince. You never know I may tag along with you. After all, I am your partner in crime, remember?" he tried to cheer me up.

"Just kidding. As much as I will miss you, I still want the best for you," he told me and I knew he meant every single word of it. I really was lucky to have a friend like him.

"I will miss you Augustus," I told him and I couldn't hold back a sob. Just then a wave of nausea hit me and I could smell the bittersweet rotten smell of wild flowers.

"Someone's having a hearty farewell, huh? How come I wasn't invited for the party? Ouch that hurts!" I heard a familiar deep husky voice speak up from behind me.

No, this could not be possible. My cell dropped from my hand and I turned back to see a hale and hearty Xian , very much alive standing by the door giving me his trademark smirk.

Before I could react he was before me in a flash and in a sweet voice he whispered, "Hello gorgeous!" and then everything blacked out.

____________________________