Nine

Sydney

I know what you're thinking. Sydney what the actual heck is wrong with you? Honestly I don't know what's wrong with me. But I do know that I am still in love with Joe. However, am I going to give him that satisfaction of knowing I still love him? No. No I'm not.

It's been about two days since that and it's now the day before the wedding meaning it's rehearsal time. Am I nervous because I have to walk with Joe and I just realized I still love him? Pfft no...ok maybe! But we can't let him know that!

I had drove me, Delaney and Ja'Marr to the church the ceremony is happening at and I instantly regret it. Joe is standing there in a nice button up with dress slacks. They are hugging his body right. To make it even worse he's holding Britney's hand which just makes my stomach turn.

I take a deep breath and walk up, since we're going out to dinner afterwards we are all dressed up. I have my hair in light waves and a cute pink sundress on with strappy heels. When we make up to the rest of the bridal party Delaney just squeals "I cant believe I get married tomorrow" she says.

I smile "It's just like yesterday you were telling me you had been in love with Ja'Marr for months" I say laughing remembering all the times Delaney would rant to me about her crush on Ja'Marr.

-flashback-

Me and Joe had decided after a long night of homework to just chill out at my house tonight. So I had ordered us food, I was really craving chicken wings, and we picked out a movie with my choice of course being Clueless, that's my favorite of all time.

It was getting to the good part when Delaney storms in "Why are boys so confusing!?" she asks flopping on the bed in the middle of Joe "Oh yeah sure come on in and lay in between me and my boyfriend, you're lucky we're not naked right now" I say laughing.

Delaney looks at me "You're not right?" she asks now realizing "Well..." I start which makes her grossed out "Ew! Oh my god! Syd! With the door unlocked too??" she says making me and Joe laugh "No I was lying, what's up though?" I ask looking at her.

She sighs "How do you know if a guy likes you? Like every time I think Ja'Marr likes me he proves me wrong" she says and I shrug "Well I knew Joe liked me when he would walk me to classes knowing his was the whole other side of campus, he would eat lunch with me in between, would look for me at his games" I say. She starts to think and sighs "Ja'Marr does that sometimes too" and then gets up.

Joe the speaks up "Also, I know for a fact he likes you too" making her perk up "Really?" she asks. Joe nods making her squeal as she leaves. I laugh and then look at Joe "I swear if they don't get married" I say making Joe laugh and pull me into him "I know we'll get married" he says making me smile and kiss him.

-end of flashback-

I shake my head and look at everyone hoping no one noticed I spaced out. I smile at Delaney as they say we're going to start. We all get in line with me and Joe standing right before Delaney and her father. I keep quiet not wanting to say anything but Joe speaks up "What were you thinking that made you space out like that?" he asks.

I snap my head up at him. How could he know? I just shake my head "I wasn't" I say looking ahead as we step up a spot. He sighs and goes to speak again but I snap "Can we just not talk please?" I ask. The last thing I want to do is talk to him because then I know I will tell him that I still love him. I look over at him and see the pained look in his eyes.

That breaks my heart I just want to say I'm sorry. No Sydney! No you can't! He just nods "Yeah I guess..." he says sounding so hurt. I just look ahead and walk with Joe.

-After the rehearsal and the dinner-

Us girls were at Delaney's house while the guys were all at Joe's. Me and Delaney were getting drinks ready when she asks "Hey what happened with you and Joe earlier?" she asks. I sigh and make sure Britney isn't listening and then look at her "The other night at the banquet I had realized something" I say.

She gives me a confused look "And that was?" she asks putting down the strawberries in her hand. I sigh and look at her "That I um..well you know.." I try to say. She looks at me and gasps "You still love him don't you?" she asks quietly so no one hears.

I just sigh and look at her making her squeal "I knew it!" she laughs "So why did you snap at him?" she asks cutting the fruit again. I put the strawberries into the blender "I cant let him know I love him still so I am just going to continue to act like I don't" I say shrugging. She shakes her head "Syd? Why?" she asks.

I turn back to her "Del, he cheated on me and broke my heart I just can't go back to him...not yet" I say putting the lid of the blender "Plus he's with Britney anyways" I say. She looks at me like she knows something "What?" I ask.

"Well I have to tell you something..."

_____
A/N: Ohhh what do we think she's saying?

Also FOOTBALL IS BACK TONIGHT BABY! I am hoping that the Eagles make it back to the super bowl and that we win and that we play the Bengals so we finally get a hot super bowl!

I hope you all love this story! Please vote and comment!