One

Joe

You know when people say you don't know what you had until it's gone? That was exactly me right now. I had the most perfect person in my life who literally stood by me in ever moment. However I picked my own feelings and needs over her and now I am sitting here almost two years later kicking myself in the ass for it.

Let me give you a little run down on what I am talking about. My name is Joe Burrow and I am the quarterback for the Cincinnati Bengals. I was in a serious relationship with the girl of my dreams. That was until I broke it off with her. Cue flashback to when I met her.

-flashback-

Tonight was my first party here at LSU in the football house and I couldn't be any happier. I mean I had it all. I had brought LSU an amazing win. I was getting to play more football so I can make it to the big ticket. The NFL. I had amazing friends here that have been making my time here the best.

I had it all. That was until I saw her. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen in my entire life. Her smile just lit up the room. Her brown hair with hints of blonde highlights swaying as she moved or when she walked was curled in the perfect waves? I think that's what girls call them? Her eyes were the perfect shade of brown. They just looked so welcoming and warm like you could dive into a pool of honey.

I must have been staring for too long because next thing I know a hand is being waved in my face making me snap out of it and look at Ja'Marr. He laughs and looks at who I was looking at "Awhh Joey Bs got a crush??" he jokes laughing.

I shake my head and look back at her as she takes a shot with her girlfriends and doesn't even make a face. I wonder if what she was drinking wasn't super strong because half of the guys here I know can't take a shot without coughing or making a face.

I then ask "Who is she?" I ask and Ja'Marr looks at smiles "That girl right there is Sydney, she is the football house sweetheart, she's always coming here why don't I introduce you guys?" he asks and I nod following him to her. He stops and she sees Ja'Marr and smiles her beautiful smile which causes me to smile "Marr! How come am I just saying hi to you now??" she asks laughing.

Her laugh was so captivating. He laughs back "I just got here girl, anyways I wanna introduce you to my boy over here" he says pulling me in more wrapping an arm around my shoulders "This here is..." he starts but then she finishes "Joe Burrow, I know exactly who he is, the man that brought us the victory win" she says looking at me. God she's even more beautiful up close and knows who I am.

She smiles and holds her hand out "Hi I am Sydney Valley" she says and I take her hand in mine shaking it "Joe Burrow, but you already knew that" I say making us both laugh.

-end of flashback-

I will never forget that night. We had talked and talked not even touching the alcohol anymore because the conversations we had that night were perfect. We went on one date after that and I automatically asked her to be my girlfriend to which she said yes.

Our love was the ones when people saw us they were jealous of how well we meshed together. They hate us because we rarely fought, we always talked, and never had a time where one was uncomfortable in a situation. They also loved us because of how we never fought and always talked.

We were infinity. That was until I broke us up. I never intended to do it. Cue next flashback.

-flashback-

We had just graduated from college. I was going on to play for NFL, that's if I graduated, she was going on to become a teacher. I had gone back to Ohio and she stayed in Louisiana for her first year. The distance was so tough.

I did the one thing that I regret doing. Me and Ja'Marr had gone out to the bars the night I got drafted. Sydney couldn't be here because she was working on something with the school she got into.

However going out to the bar I had brought home someone who was definitely not Sydney. The next morning was the first time I had ever seen Sydney cry and not have her beautiful smile.

She had just gotten to Ohio and was planning to surprise me. But in return she was surprised when she had seen a naked girl sleeping on my naked body. What woke me up was the "Oh my god..." that came from my door making me look over and see her standing there.

She had the most pained look on her face. She had a singular tear falling down her face. I quickly sat up "Sydney, wait..." I start to say as she walks out. I quickly put on a pair of shorts and ran after her "Baby wait!" I say following after but she turns quickly as more tears fell from her beautiful brown eyes.

She starts to shake her head "No! You do NOT get to call me that! How could you Joe!?" she snaps. She has every right to have that reaction. Hell I would of had the same reaction if I were in her shoes.

I try to say something but the only thing that comes out of my mouth is "I was drunk! I was lonely!" which I soon regretted. She scoffs "So instead of calling me or literally anything else you go to the first skank you see at the bar!?" she yells and shakes her head walking away.

I follow again grabbing her hand "Syd come on! I'm sorry!" I say and she pulls her hand away "Fuck you Joe Burrow! We are done!" she says as she gets in her car and drives away. I just stood there watching her as she drove away feeling a piece of my heart going with her.

-end of flashback-

However she's not to blame for it. I am. I am the one who cheated. I am the one who caused that beautiful to disappear that morning. I am the one who caused those beautiful brown eyes that were always so full of life and light to turn dull.

I had let the best thing I ever had slip away. But now I am determined to get her back.

____________________________________
A/N: Ok y'all! If you have never heard of the song Pretty Heart by Parker McCollum I HIGHLY recommend listening to it!

It's one of my favorite songs so ofc I had to make a story about it! I cant wait to write this! Especially with all of the drama I have planned for it!

Please vote and comment!