Twelve

Sydney

The ceremony was just beautiful. However I noticed Joe just kept staring at me. I would be lying however if I said I wasn't staring at him. He just looks handsome. I watch him as he smiles taking pictures with the groomsmen as I am standing with Delaney and the girls.

She notices and then says "Can we do pictures of just me and Syd?" making everyone nod and walk away to do their own thing. We takes some pictures and as it's happening she asks me "So why haven't you told Joe you love him?" Making me sigh "Because what if we get back together and he does the same thing?" I ask.

She looks at me with a sad face "Syd, I know you won't believe me but he regrets that every single day" she says. I shrug "Maybe he does but I just can't" I say as she sighs. The photographer with the boys asks Delaney to come over to take pictures of her and Ja'Marr.

I smile watching them as Joe comes up "Can you believe our best friends got married?" he asks. I smile and nod "If you had asked me five years ago I would have said heck no" I say laughing as he laughs with me. He then looks down at me "Wanna go walk with me?" he asks.

I look at him skeptically but I just nod and walk away with him. We go to the beautiful garden part that has a little bench in it and sit down next to each other. As we're looking ahead it's silent but not an uncomfortable silence. It's different. He then speaks up "Do you think we'd of been married by now?" making me look at him "Whatcha mean?" I ask.

He looks at me "If I hadn't of cheated, do you think we'd of been married?" he asks. I think about it and nod "Yeah I think we would have been married" I say and he nods looking ahead again. I just look at him "Joe I have to tell you something" I say. I know I probably shouldn't tell him but I am. He looks at me "What's up?" he asks sitting up turning to me more.

I look at him taking a deep breath "Joe I..." I start but then we're interrupted "Joe! Syd! Come on we're going to do the bridal party entrance!" Delaney calls to us. I look over at her and she motions for us quickly to come over making look back at Joe as he sighs and stands up holding his hands out to me.

I just take them and walk over with him. I must have a look because Delaney looks at me confused and then gasps whispering "Were you going to tell him?" I just nod and get in line.

-During the reception-

Everyone was sitting and Delaney and Ja'Marr were doing their first dance. I cant help but smile because of how in love they look. I am so happy that I introduced them to each other all them years ago.

I wasn't paying attention until a hand comes into my view making me look up seeing Joe "They're opening the dance floor to people so, would you like to dance?" he asks.

I just smile and nod taking his hand as he takes me to the dance floor. We stand near Delaney and Ja'Marr as Joe turns to me putting a hand on my hip and the other grabbing my hand as we start to dance.

-flashback-

It was a typical Sunday however we started this thing with Delaney and Ja'Marr where a couple on Sunday makes dinner and has the other couple over. Tonight it was mine and Joe's night to cook and we stuck with the basic spaghetti and meatballs.

I was stirring the pasta listening to music when Beautiful Crazy by Luke Combs comes on. Joe was putting the butter and garlic on the bread when he stops and walks up to me taking the spoon out of my hand. I look at him giving him a look "What are you doing?" I ask.

He smiles "Dance with me" he says pulling me in and starts slow dancing with me in the middle of the kitchen. I smile and dance with him laughing at how goofy he is. He then twirls me out and then back into his arms dipping me kissing my lips. We stay like that a bit until we hear clapping making us pull away and look over seeing Ja'Marr and Delaney.

We blush and pull away "Awh no don't stop! You looked so cute!" Delaney says laughing. I just roll my eyes and smile up at Joe going back to the pasta.

-end of flashback-

Joe twirls me making me laugh as I go back to how I was and lay my head down on his chest. Being here dancing with him just feels so right. It's in this moment where I feel I need to tell him that I love him.

I speak up still keeping my head on his chest "Joe about what I was going to say earlier" I say and he hums meaning for me to continue "Joe I..." I try to say again until the slow song stops and everyone's clapping and going back to their seats.

I look at everyone then at Joe who looks irritated that I didn't tell him. I sigh as we both walk back to our seats and sit down regretting not speaking up faster.

______
A/N: Ohhh she almost told him TWICE! Don't worry though it's not coming for a while! However I kinda wanna make the next chapter interesting?

Stay tuned for how that might happen!

Please vote and comment!