They'll Get Over It, They Just Gotta Be Dramatic First

Percy tells Lily where to find her sister and she leaves right away, wanting to make sure Annabeth is out of danger. My brother eyes me carefully. "How are you feeling?"

I shrug. "I wasn't fighting..." I pout, unable to control my tears. "I can't complain."

"You have the bombs?" 

I nod, but I can't speak, so Percy hugs me. "I... I'm sorry," he says weakly. "I broke the bridge, I didn't retreat when Annabeth told me to. I thought I could—"

"You can't get hurt like before, can you? You did something to yourself."

He tells me what he and Nico did the night prior. He also tells me what a manipulative asshole Nico turned out to be. He doesn't say it like that of course, Percy's too noble, but I know what to do now.

"Go to sleep," I tell him. "You look exhausted."

"You should sleep too."

I shake my head. "Cabin Seven just lost their counselor, and Jake needs me. I gotta help, I haven't done enough."

He gives me a funny look. "You sound like Silena."

"Well, we're sisters," I notice she hasn't come to check on me and my stomach drops. "Where is she?"

Percy's quick to put my mind at ease. "Went to get Clarisse. Michael gave her the chariot, but she still refused to come..."

"I'll see that she thinks twice before pulling another stunt like this one."

He smiles. "Now you sound like Michael."

"He trained me," I state proudly.

Percy squeezes my shoulder, I feel a wave of guilt coming out of him, but something in me can't lighten his discomfort. My brother goes to sleep, but I look around for Jake Mason. I find him struggling to bandage his hand. 

"Let me," I take his injured hand and wrap it properly. "Where's Nyssa?"

"She and Connor came back ten minutes ago," he tells me, nodding a silent thank you when I finish with his hand. "Connor found a couple of walkie-talkies, you should take one."

I make sure his bandages are tight and in place, then I look up at him. "Everyone okay?"

"Yeah," he shakes his head. "There were so many, Ara..."

I frown. "Listen, counselor, we're not gonna give room to those thoughts. We're a capable army, and we can handle this. Beckendorf trusted I could help, and that's what I'll do."

He glances at me, speaking quietly. "Sorry about Michael..."

I let go of his hand and take the walkie he's offering me. "I can't blame my brother for what happened, so I'll beat up Clarisse once I see her."

"Ara, cut her some slack," he sighs. "I'm trying my best but look at me... perhaps she's in over her head, too."

"A leader knows when to step in. That's all she had to do, and she failed. She should know better, considering who her father is."

Before I leave, I check if Almighty's still in my pocket, I don't know if it's the same as Riptide, I've never thrown it away to see if it comes back, and now's not the time to risk it.

"Sleep, Jake, we have to set those bombs around first thing tomorrow."

***