2. Anirudh came to meet Nayantara.

Nayantara's pov

It was late at night. The night breeze was cold. Numerous stars littered the sky, along with the full moon being in contrast to the dark blue sky.

The cool night breeze came through the window making the chamber cold.

It had been five days since my brother had sent someone to Rajgarh in order to gather information about the prevailing situation. But he had not arrived yet.

I was eagerly waiting for his arrival, hoping to know the situation of Rajgarh and find out how he was doing. I couldn't understand why they were preventing us from going to Rajgarh. Did he actually believe those baseless rumors? It seemed unlikely, considering he had known my father since childhood. I shook my head, trying to focus and make sense of it all.

I was in my bedroom area sitting on a sofa and doing my favourite thing painting.

Painting had been my hobby since my childhood days. Whether I was feeling joyful or simply wanted to pass the time, I would indulge in the art of painting. However, it had now transformed into my ultimate stress reliever. Whenever I find myself overwhelmed with stress, I paint something as a means to alleviate my worries.

Since the Morning i was feeling something wierd like something was going to happen. But i couldn't pinpoint what was this weird feeling. Was it good or bad..? I didn't knew. I was feeling really anxious. So i decided to paint to distract my mind.

It had been a long time since I last painted something, but when I do, I always find myself drawn to nature scenes. I've created countless nature paintings over the years. Today, I decided to capture the beauty of the dark blue sky adorned with twinkling stars and a radiant moon shining through.

I was in the middle of my painting when i heard some noise coming from my balcony. It was like thud. I put my painting brush down on the table. And stood up to walk towards the balcony.

I came in the balcony, the curtains were moving continuously probably because of the wind. I took two more steps ahead and i saw mud on the floor. But it was clean when i was here a while ago.

I was startled by the sight and instinctively reached for my dagger at my side. Before I could react further, I was forcefully pushed against the wall, both of my hands held in a tight grip and my mouth covered firmly. The suddenness of the action caused me to close my eyes.

I opened my eyes, and my gaze fell upon a pair of captivating brown eyes that I had longed to see for quite some time. Even in my dreams, I could easily recognize the owner of those captivating eyes - it was him.

He was staring straight in my black eyes. His eyes reflecting pain, sadness, hurt and longing. I didn't even blink, scared that if i blink he would disappear.

He was still holding me in place. He put down his hand which was covering my mouth. I didn't believe it was real so i raised my hand to touch him to feel him close. I put my hand on his cheeks. He leaned into my touch, his gaze fixed at me.

A lone tear escaped from my left eye making all the tears flow like a river. I still couldn't believe he was here standing in front of me.

"Ani...Anirudh"

I struggled to speak, my words caught in my throat. Overwhelmed with emotion, I shut my eyes and lowered my gaze, tears streaming down my face.

"Are you re..really here..?"

I couldn't believe that he was here, it was like impossible.

With a gentle touch, he placed his right hand on my cheeks, tenderly wiping away my tears. His left hand securely held my waist, drawing me closer to him.