11. Wedding.

Nayantara's pov

I was sitting on my bed waiting for the arrival of my mother or someone to escort me downstairs. I was dressed in a stunning heavy red lehanga embellished with golden embroidery. Dark henna covered half of my hands, complemented by a set of red chooda (bangles).

I would had been delighted after seeing my dark mehandi (henna) colour indicating that my soon to be husband would love me immensely. But in the situation i was getting married i doubted his love.

I was unable to spend quality time with my family this week due to Anirudh's strict instruction that the wedding must take place within this week. So, everyone was occupied with making preparations for all the functions.

I adorned myself with a weighty golden choker, complemented by a lengthy necklace and a pair of substantial earrings. Additionally, I wore a nose ring and forehead Jewellery. My lustrous black hair was elegantly styled in a bun. I was totally looking like a bride, a royal princess who was going to get married.

I never thought that I would even had a chance in the future to wear this red lehanga and jewellery which i selected for myself five months ago, When i was getting married to Anirudh but everything changed. And now

Today was the day i was getting married to the person i always dreamt of marrying.

I was feeling an overwhelming sense of nervousness and fear as I approached my wedding day. The nervousness was from the anticipation of starting a new chapter in my life, while the fear arose from the uncertainty of what the future held for me. The thought of leaving my family behind forever added to my apprehension, as I couldn't even fathom whether I would ever have the chance to reunite with them again.

I was feeling like crying but I controlled myself.

There was a knock on my door and soon my mother with my elder sister in law came. They both stood in front of me staring at me. My mother had tears in her eyes seeing me.

"Let's go Nayantara.."

My bhabhi sa said looking at me with a small smile. I stood up and looked towards my mother. She engulfed me in a tight hug. I huged her back feeling a wave of emotions hitting me.

She pulled back and kissed on my forehead lovingly.

"You are going to step into the new phase of your life. I wish you the best and always remember mine and your father's blessings are always with you."

I nodded at her, She covered my face with a veil. And we started walking out of my chamber. The entire palace was adorned with an array of beautiful flowers.

Upon arriving at the marriage hall, I observed the presence of numerous individuals. People hailed from both the Rajgarh and Somgarh kingdoms, as well as esteemed guests from neighboring realms. As I glanced through my veil, my gaze fell upon my brothers seated on a sofa. A frown formed on my face as I searched for my father, but he was nowhere to be found. I halted and turned towards my mother, perplexity evident in my eyes. Sensing my confusion, she gestured for me to proceed and whispered in my ear as I began to walk.

"Anirudh did not want your father to be involved in the wedding, so there is nothing we can do. But please don't do anything stupid. Your father has said that his blessings and love will always be with you."

She said and a tear escaped from my eyes. What kind of a marriage was this? Where my own father was not allowed.
I never imagined Anirudh to do something like that. If not for my father, my kingdom and my family i would had never accepted this condition.

As we came near the mandap (wedding Altar) i saw Anirudh already sitting there with a emotionless face.

My bhabhi sa made me sit beside him, he was so much close to me yet so far. He was just staring at the fire with a stoic face. He didn't even looked towards me once. Tears escaped from my eyes realising he probably hated me.

As I gazed ahead, I witnessed the priest reciting sacred chants and instructing us to perform certain rituals. With each passing moment, an inexplicable sensation enveloped me, a lot of emotions were surrounding me.

As we stood up to take the pheras (ceremonial rounds), my gaze swept across the gathering. During the pheras, I noticed the absence of his family members, with only a few officials from his kingdom present. This indicated that his mother, sister, and Abhimanyu did not came.

I felt a sense of sadness as I realized that not only my father, but also his mother and other family members were also not present. Throughout the years, I had expressed my desire to have our entire family present at our wedding, and he had assured me that he would make it happen. But he didn't.

As the pheras were completed, priest asked us to sit on our original place.

I was staring at the sacred fire and felt a burning fire engulfing me, i remembered each and every word my father spoke to me that day, I promised myself as I watched the flickering fire. I pledged to uncover the truth and set things right, ensuring that no harm would come to Anirudh. Above all, I was determined to proove my father innocent.

I came out from my thoughts when my bhabhi sa pulled my veil up and i felt Anirudh's finger on my forhead filling the hair partition with vermilion. I saw him from the corner of my eyes, he was just staring at my forhead not even glancing at my face and his face was cold. I gulped and closed my eyes letting my tears fall.

After that he made me wear a mangal sutra (nuptial chain) around my neck.

And just like that i was married, Married to Anirudh.

Now i was the wife of Anirudh, the soon to be king of Rajgarh.

And i was the soon to be queen of Rajgarh.

                          ♡♡♡

Word count:⁠-⁠) 1090

A short chapter!! But important.

So now they are married!!!

Are you guyss excited to see the married journey of Nayantara and Anirudh ??

Beacuse i am hella excited to start their romantic journey. (⁠☆⁠▽⁠☆⁠)

A humble request to everyone please vote, comment and share. 🦋

~sana xoxo