Battle 20: Dig Those Diglett!

Start from the beginning

Niko: Huh? Niko looks to his side and spots three other travelers. One of them, stood out the most. Ash?

Ash: Niko!?

Eevee: Vee Vee. (Been a while)

Pikachu: Pika pika. (Good to see you again) Suddenly, the two heard sounds coming from underground.

Digletts: Diglett, dig, Diglett, dig, Diglett, dig...

Diglett: Diglett.

Pikachu Pika. (Oh)

Eevee: Eevee. (Diglett) The two approach the Diglett, but it playfully digs back down.

Meowth: So THAT's it!

Niko: What are you doing here, Ash?

Ash: We were on our way to Fuchsia City to earn my next badge and we can't really figure our way around.

Niko: Oh. That's funny cause I just won my badge. Niko said showing off his badges.

Ash: Cool.

Niko: By the way, I'd like you to meet my friends.

Duplica: Hi.

Kota: Nice to meet you.

Brock: Same here.

Misty: Always nice to meet someone new.

Niko: Hey, Brock. It's good to see you again. Niko and Brock shake hands.

Brock: Same here. Guess you were right about what you said back at Pewter City. I'm following my dream.

Niko: That's great to hear. By the way, you have any idea what that's all about? He said referring to the disaster zone.

Brock: Beats me. Maybe we should check.

Soon, from out of one of the wrecked trucks, the foreman of the operation, emerges from the driver seat as our heroes run up.

Foreman: I just can't take it anymore! He cried out.

Ash: Are you alright?

Niko: What happened here?

Foreman: It's the Diglett! They're destroying everything!

Ash: The Diglett?

Foreman: See? They're right over there! He points to a few of them popping in and out of the ground.

Misty: Oh, look, how cute!

Foreman: You think they're cute, do you?! Thanks to them, we can't finish building that dam! I hate Diglett! I hate them!

Ash: Hmm. Diglett.

Pokédex: Diglett, the Mole Pokémon. This Pokémon lives about one yard underground where it feeds on plant roots. It sometimes appears above ground.