Fairy Godgirlfriend (Fairytale AU) (16)

It was the next day at Hope's Peak Academy, the day before the Friday night school dance. Kokichi and Himiko were on their way to lunch.

   "Hey, Himiko? I'll be right back. I gotta go use the bathroom, okay?" Kokichi said, pointing to the boys bathroom. 

  "What exactly do you do in there?" Himiko asked. Kokichi chuckled and shook his head before putting his hand on Himiko's shoulder.

   "We are not having this conversation," he said. "Here, just wait for me next to the bathroom door. I'll be right out, 'kay?" Himiko smiled and nodded.

   "Nyeh...okay," she replied. Kokichi reached out and stroked her cheek, which made Himiko smile and scrunch her shoulders with glee. Kokichi then chuckled before heading into the bathroom. As Himiko waited, Tenko fervently walked up to her.

   "Hi, Himiko!" she exclaimed enthusiastically. Himiko's smile faltered a bit.

   "Nyeh...hello," she replied with a polite nod. 

   "Do you remember me?" Tenko asked hopefully. Himiko nodded hesitantly, wondering why Tenko would ask that. 

   "Yeees...I met you in the classroom of the numbers, and we share the same bedroom," Himiko replied. 

   "OH, MY GOSH!! YOU DO REMEMBER ME!!!" Tenko squealed. "See? This is why we should be best friends, Himiko! We know each other so well!"

   "Um...I don't think that's true," Himiko mumbled. 

   "Of course it's true!" Tenko said. "I know your hair color, your height, and that you're a girl! I basically know everything about you!"

   "Nyeh...that's not all there is to know about me," Himiko replied. Tenko gasped with delight.

   "You mean, there's more to you than that?!" she squealed. "Wow, Himiko! You're a totally cool mysterious girl! You should show me your magic powers!" Himiko raised her eyebrows in surprise.

   "Nyeh...how did you know I have magic powers?" she asked with a smile.

  "Well, you're the Ultimate Magician, right? Of course you'd have magical powers!" Tenko answered.

   "Oh...oh! Oh, yes...you're right," Himiko replied, silently cursing herself. She had forgotten that she was supposed to have kept quiet about her magic. But if Tenko thought that Himiko had magic powers because she was a magician and not a fairy, then she supposed it was okay, so long as she didn't reveal her actual magic to Tenko.

   "Anyway, you have to leave, now," Himiko continued. "I'm waiting for Koki-"

   "Actually, Himiko...I don't mean to interrupt you, but I wanted to ask you something important," Tenko said. She started nervously fiddling with her pigtail.