Fairy Godgirlfriend (Fairytale AU) (11)

"Nyeh...why are we standing out here? Aren't we going inside?" Himiko asked as she and Himiko peeped through the door window of their History class. 

   "Well, we can't make the wish inside with the others around," Kokichi pointed out. "So, we have to do it from out here."

   "I guess you're right," Himiko said with a nod. Making sure nobody else was out in the hall, Himiko hesitantly brought out her wand. "Well...I guess you can make the wish now."

   "Hey, what's your happiest memory?" Kokichi asked suddenly. Himiko tilted her head at him in confusion. 

   "Nyeh? What do you mean?"

   "Tell me what your happiest memory is," Kokichi repeated. 

   "Mm...well, whenever I felt sad about something, I'd always fly up to the sky through the clouds," Himiko replied as a small smile began to form on her face. "Nyeh...I loved touching the clouds. Where I'm from, the clouds are light colors of blue, pink, and purple. They're fluffy and soft, and you can actually lie down on them. But, if you squeeze them too hard, they'll burst into poofy dust sparkles. It's actually really pretty! I would also sometimes dance by myself on the clouds, too. I felt better when nobody was looking. Then, when I was done, I would create a rainbow from the cloud and slide down on it. After that, I didn't feel sad anymore. Um...why do you ask?"

   "Whenever you grant any of my wishes, I want you to think about those memories," Kokichi answered. "Don't think about the fairy godmother, the other fairy godgirlfriends, or anything like that. Just keep your happy memories in mind. Think about how they made you feel. If you do that, you might feel more confident."

   "Oh!" Himiko exclaimed. "Do you think it would actually work?" Kokichi shrugged.

   "You never know until you give it a shot," he replied. Himiko nodded, then took a deep breath. She held her wand tightly and focused on her memories. She remembered soaring high into the blue sky, feeling the breeze through her hair as the warmth of the sun melted away on her skin. She remembered landing on the soft clouds to dance and how she would clumsily trip over her own feet, making her smile, and laugh. As she remembered, she began to relax and feel strong magic coursing through her body.

   "Okay...I'm ready," she finally said. 

   "I wish Hiyoko would make a braying sound like a donkey every time she insults somebody," Kokichi said. Himiko waved her wand high above her, channeling her powerful magic. As she did, she saw something she'd never seen before. A bright, glowing, white orb formed around the heart-shaped part of her wand, casting a blinding light. Kokichi and Himiko marveled silently at the glowing orb for a few seconds until it became dim before vanishing completely. 

   "Wow...that definitely didn't happen before!" Kokichi exclaimed, rubbing his eyes.

  "But...did it work?" Himiko asked softly. They stared at each other curiously before heading inside the classroom.