12 ☆ sweet soliloquy

✎~~~~●

✎~~~~●

THE TRAIN rolls along the train tracks in a slow, steady rhythm, its wheels gently clattering on the rails. In the background, you can hear the voices of the passengers chatting with each other, while the sound of the train's horn fills the air. People are standing, seated, or walking up and down the aisle. Some are scrolling through their phones, others are reading books or playing games. But there's something about how the train car lulls people to sleep, and before you know it, some passengers have fallen asleep. And then there's you. Sitting near the window, staring out at the landscape passing by. You see buildings, trees, and fields, all mixed in a beautiful harmony of nature. You're lost in thought, waiting for the next station to arrive.

You watch the scenery pass by with longing, the cool glass of the train's window feels soothing against your forehead as the landscape whips past like a blur of colors. You could see the trees and buildings flying by, the city lights streaking above, the stars glimmering in through the evening welkin. You were traveling quickly, but the train's cabin stayed smooth and silent, like a bubble of peace surrounded by the chaos of the world outside. Despite the train's velocity, your thoughts remained still, focused on the soothing rhythm of the windows zipping by, hoping that the next station would arrive soon. After all, you have a personal matter to attend to. You need to confront Dan Heng, whom you left standing awkwardly in the back of the flower shop.

You remember clearly how you accidentally entered his personal space without permission, and how you cut him off before he could speak. You were so eager to leave, that you barely gave him time to process what was happening, but you did run away from him. You try to distract yourself by looking out the window again, but no matter how hard you try, your mind keeps circling back to the awkwardness of that moment, one thing you realize from him is that he was fond of your artwork, especially one that you kept for a very long time.

You wish you had handled the situation differently, but now it's too late to go back. All you can do is face him and hope he understands. The next station couldn't come fast enough.

Momentarily, the train lurches to a halt, the sound of the brakes ringing in your ears as the doors open to reveal the next station, the train comes to a gentle stop at the station and the doors open, allowing passengers to disembark. You watch as a raven with a bouncy step and a soft gaze boards the train, carrying a bag by his side. His raven hair falls softly across his face, covering it almost entirely. Suddenly, his eyes meet yours and you avert your gaze, feeling a sense of shyness and embarrassment wash over you. He seems to notice your reaction and turns away as well, his cheeks slightly flushed with color. The moment is tinged with awkwardness but also a hint of sweetness.

As if trying to dispel the thick awkwardness that's engulfed you and taken your breath away, you wanted to make a conversation or even just utter a word. But it's getting more difficult to even look at him, and your throat feels suddenly dry. Thoughts begin to run through your head at warp speed wondering if it's best to simply stay silent or somehow break the tension and awkwardness that's set in. The silence grows louder by the second, making you want to fidget or do something— anything— to fill it with sound. But you don't know where to start...