09 ☆ muse's depict

✎~~~~●

✎~~~~●

AUTUMN BREEZE WAS NOTHING BUT a warmful fragrance of earth, that had been in the wind, just last week had either evaporated into the sky or leached into the earth. It carried fine drops, each one a promise of the rain to come. As newly chilled air moves the clouds, streaks of brilliance break through from a patient sun. Scarlet leaves come together to choreograph the new season, rejoicing its final days on those trees, the land full of fallen leaves.

Ever since the past day. The day Dan Heng had gotten off the train before his actual station, you felt awfully doleful that night, it worried you so much you thought you ruined the small relationship you had with him, maybe it really was bad not talking to him while on the train.

You forlornly let out a sigh brushing back the strands that fell onto your forehead, leaning your head back on the glass reflection, nature's sky couldn't express your worries and guilt, so, the only way you were able to let them out was by drawing, without a second thought you took out your drawing tablet and stylus, skipping through the completed and uncompleted works of yours, you opened a blank canvas and began illustrating to whatever you could think of.

Painting a portrait was both an intimate experience and a detached one. The focus required to perfect the sitter's features was intense— you studied every detail until the shapes and colors were ingrained into your mind— yet the intimacy of that focus was lost in the analytical nature of it. This was true for most of your commissioned works— the face was a puzzle of shapes to be solved. There was a soul, of course, hidden behind the contours and the eyes, but they were still all simple shapes that had to be understood.

"Ah..." Soon then you realized that all the cynical thoughts were drawing the one and only male you could think of out of everyone and everything, the drawing of the raven that sits next to you every weekday on the train.

Things that usually wouldn't have dazed you were nearly overwhelming. You could feel your cheeks flush as you stared at the raven's lips that you draw, his heavy brows, and his piercing cloudy eyes. You were pinned under his gaze, it was as if he was seeing everything you were. Even though you had drawn and sketched him many... many times, the illustration of the one you drew right now, was more resplendent, he was resplendent in many colors.

You would've noticed the sound of the train's announcement for the next stop, but you were too attached to the drawing you were doing, and soon momentarily as the station arrived said; the door opens on cue, his presence did not call her out even though there were no crowds on the passenger train car, just a few who were a bit far from you, the raven sat down next you as he takes out his laptop from his bag. You didn't look up from your drawing tablet even before he entered, not even a glance of who was next to you, your eyes were glued onto artwork you've been mesmerized.

Dan Heng glances at you, usually, you'd greet him first before he had the chance, which he kinda liked hearing, but seeing you so attached to your device with your wrist moving around in rhythm while holding a stylus, he wondered what were you drawing, a glance wouldn't hurt right? But that would invade your personal space, and he knew it wouldn't do good for him,  "Hey...?" He calmly greets you probing you carefully.