02 ☆ speaking

✎~~~~●

✎~~~~●

TRAIN INCOMING PLEASE STAND CLEAR OF THE DOORS AND STAND BEHIND THE LINES.

Just as promised, your train came into view, swooping past and then coming to a perfect stop right before the doors. A hiss erupted from its engines, and the doors opened, letting out gentle beeps. The people from behind you scurried in quickly. It was rush hour, and everyone was hurrying back home after the day of work. Personally, you wanted to get home from school as soon as possible as well, though the trains were packed to the brim, you shoved and jolted your way through the thick crowd, managing to secure a spot near the doors right before they slammed shut, shutting out the rest of the dejected crowd.

Sighing in brief relief, you placed your bag on your lap before staring at the window as usual, your stupor wouldn't leave you alone now that you were on board, the first thing you thought was what happened yesterday, the boy who dropped his school book. Unintentionally you saw the name of the book when placing it in your bag, Dan Heng; the name was written so neatly as if he was a perfectionist in handwriting, your tongue whispery rolled out the two words, it was in pinyin and you knew by that he was Chinese, even though you didn't know what the meaning was, you knew the name suited him very much.

You turned to your bag opening it before taking out the school book. Seeing it again made you giggle analyzing that the book had some writing on the cover, it felt awkward that you had a stranger's book and you were giggling about it, were you being weird again? Yes, you definitely were. Shaking your head you took out your sketchbook, your hand flips through the drafts you had, all the inspiring thoughts you had that happened to hop in your mind at three am, all the amazing ideas you worked on for many years on your sketchbook or drawing tablet, but none almost finished, sighing you flipped and traced a comic you never finished with all the blue scribbled sketch were there.

You began working your wrist to illustrate the sketch with line art, making sure you wouldn't rub line art while erasing it, your head tilted from time to time, and your book turned as well, through your mind screaming to place the colors immediately just by looking at your weird and unpleasant line art, but you didn't have any colored pencils with you at this time.

In the end, you led yourself into a new paper, drawing strangers you see in front of you, your wrist moving from up and down softly yet quickly.

Attention passengers: Please stand well we will be reaching Xianzhou Luofu station.

Your ears immediately picked up the voice and your head lifted up, it was his station. Your breathing pauses as the train began slowing down, there the boy from yesterday walks into the train looking around for a seat, you unconsciously waved at him making his attention face you, his livid eyes piercing into your colored ones, he quickly but not rushed sat down near you, a quiet and awkward was cast in between the two of you, you fiddled with your hair confused yet you remained silent, what were you doing? Why suddenly did you wave at him? It was getting more awkward that you weren't speaking, gulping you turned to the boy who sat there next to you and before your vocals could escape he said something first, "Um, have you seen a blue book yesterday? I dropped it on my way out of the train."