01 ☆ him

✎~~~~●

✎~~~~●

IT ALL STARTED with you just staring out through the window, watching the welcoming evening sunset, in that welcome amber glow the time of slower thoughts has arrived, those moments when with open eyes your brain becomes a perfect empty horizon, seeing, yet content to sit. You felt the soothing breeze, and become absorbed in the musical melody of the train's speaker, you wanted to continue your art drawing, adding something unexpected, something out of this world as if there was another universe that could collide with your coloring, you wanted an art unfamiliar to the world you lived in, although you were an artist-illustrator, people still haven't recognized your ability, barely even posting on your social media.

Your fingers gently hold on to your pen as you help your tablet, looking at your canvas, you were like a conductor swinging your baton with the manual and bodily movements associated with directing an ensemble of musicians, watching your drawing pen softly gaze on the screen, "This line is too wonky... and the setting is too cliché..." You mumble tapping on the eraser, rubbing the line once again, and looking at the colorful background you made. You worked on the canvas very hard. Even endured some sleepless nights just so your work would be perfect.

Attention passengers: Please stand well we will be reaching Xianzhou Luofu station.

The speaker rings in your ears, and you knew more people were coming, but you didn't bother glancing at the people as you put your tablet and pen back inside your bag, as regular people would do, the train was packed to the brim with people all touching each other one way or another. Someone was listening to music way too loud towards the doors and someone else was talking on speakerphone while sitting down on one of the few prized seats. As a whole, it stunk of sweat with cologne and perfume sprayed in an attempt to mask it.

It was the reason why you hated trains. But you had to suck it all up, knowing that in a few minutes, your ride will be all over.

"Um... Excuse me?..."

You hear a low voice yet soft pitch, your head unconsciously looking up to see a male who was wearing a high-school uniform, standing in front of you, his livid eyes directly staring at you, "Huh?..."

"Could you move please a little, the train seats are full and I want to sit." He says flatly, holding his bag tightly.

Glancing at your bag where it suddenly took a seat for itself, you gasp silently picking up the bag before placing it on your legs, "Sorry." You mumble.

He slowly takes a seat near you, unbothered by your presence he opens his bag before taking out his laptop, and you watch his hand hover around the keyboards, it starts off slowly and pressing them deeply before progressing into a much more complex, like a soft melody. Your eyes inquire his fingers seeing them doing the work on their own, his livid eyes glaring into the screen while he types, you wonder if it was possible to type that fast while riding in a train, "Woah..." You unconsciously softly gasp, seeing his word counts were above 50,000, it honestly shocked you.

Watching his raven hair slowly bounce gently by the bumps on the train, you did admit that the raven hair was unique but you knew his black hair became an eyesore ever since you notice him boarding the same train as you two station stops after you, it was the first time he actually sat down next to you even after watching him sit in front of you typing so much on a laptop, with the sunset orange light reflecting softly. It was very resplendent art that you ended up even drawing him out observant.

The shape of his face was sharper every time you see him, cheeks rosy and urging you to pinch his cheeks but resisted. His shoulder is broader even when he's not wearing his uniform coat, furthermore, the way you see his posture is always straightly perfect making you wonder how much demeanor he has just by looking at him.

A small sigh left your lips as your gaze linger on every detail on the bus, sinking further in your cushioned seat, you must be tragic, being too observant leads to overthinking. A vacant and feral mind, a colorful mind. And the first color of your palette was livid blue. You never heard his voice loud and clear. Were you getting curious or just annoyed?

You stare out the window with headphones in, watching the scenery pass you by in shades of blue, purple, and black; bright lights flash beams of white onto the sidewalk, onto nameless faces and bricked buildings, until an hour later you heard the speaker beginning its announcement that next station was near, you felt the train already slowing down as you pause your music.

Blinking you felt the male next to you suddenly shifting, you glance to see the raven-haired boy grabbing his bag as he closes his laptop, you knew it was already time for him to leave, it was his station. You fiddle with your shirt looking down, with the people that cramped the train some begin to leave, bumping and pushing, you saw something falling out of the boy's bag, it was a book. 

You quickly picked it up trying to give him only to see him walk out of the train, "Hey! Wait!" You called out but the train's door closes, you sigh sitting back in your seat, the book was his but it fell out of his bag and you didn't really know what to do, what if the boy doesn't come on the train tomorrow? What do you do if he didn't? Questions roamed around your mind as you looked at the book, it was a school book.

Sighing you place the book in your bag before turning to the falling sun and gazing at it once more...

✎~~~~●