10 ☆ a story's smile

✎~~~~●

✎~~~~●

WHEN HAD IT ALL BEGAN?

Perhaps a year ago, but he remembered the day so clearly.

On a day at the stroke of sunset, at the end of another miserable day, he approaches the train station, his heart filled with blankness and gloom. The future ahead seems bleak and uncertain, not that he minds it, the burdens of school weighed heavily on his shoulders, and he often felt too overwhelmed to enjoy himself. He seldom had time to spend with his two closest friends, and he often felt alone even amidst a crowd. Life became a constant battle for survival, a struggle against the clock, and in the rush to succeed, he neglected to live in the present.

As days went by, and the hours of study grew longer, he couldn't help but feel overwhelmed, wanting to spend more time having fun with his friends. However, he knew that his obligations as a student were too important to slack off, and he had to soldier on, even if it meant sacrificing some of his happiness.

As a hobby-driven schoolboy, his schedule was often filled with academic responsibilities, being on the student council for the first time had his mind corrupted with documents and club activities, leaving precious little time for his creative pursuits. Yet to relieve the stress of his daily routine, he found some reprieve on the train by taking out his laptop and writing short stories or continuous stories that he left. It was a precious outlet to express his creativity and relieve his tension. Each word he wrote, each phrase he crafted, offered a glimpse into his imagination and helped lift his spirits. Though brief, those daily sessions on the train became the most relaxing and fulfilling part of his day.

TRAIN INCOMING PLEASE STAND CLEAR OF THE DOORS AND STAND BEHIND THE LINES.

Oh, it was already time. A sigh escapes through his black mask, as destiny decides to send his train ride, the sound of the rolling wheels as clear as an announcement. The wind gently blows, and all at once the scenery is transformed as if being pulled along by a mysterious force. The train approaches, its whistle like the tolling of a horn, the clouds above illuminated with the light of tomorrow. This experience is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity—a scene so captivating that it feels as if time itself has stopped in its tracks, yet he had seen this scene ever since his first year in middle school.

The train's interior was filled with people, each of them lost in thoughts of their own. Their faces were diverse, yet somehow, they all felt as if they were from a completely different world. And in the midst of such busyness, there was a certain quietness to the atmosphere, as if everything was slowly drowning in a dreamlike state. Then, out of the corner of his eye, something drew his gaze: A vision so wondrous it defied all logic, with a glow that shone in his mind like a star.