07 ☆ downpour

✎~~~~●

✎~~~~●

PITTER PATTER...

You vividly remember some nursery rhymes from the sound of the drops, the scent of rain entering your nose as you walked down the street, unable to even buy an umbrella after a sudden change from the weather, its desire changes and decides to corrupt your day even more. The rain has lost the ambient temperature of early fall, freezing and paling your skin on contact, the path through the road is dirty, muddy water in motion, filling deep puddles hiding dryer weather's ruts. 

To feel it isn't enjoyment, not fun like the gentle sunshine of springtime, yet it is a part of life, and you want to feel it just the same. The air was an anxious swirl of drops, wind-freed from gravity, almost as if it would suffocate the living out of you. Now you wondered why you had ever won the competition like it was the easiest thing anyone could do, you saw many other contestants' projects and they were more passionate about it, the excitement, anxiety, eagerness, and nervousness, filled the place as they wait for their turn to be devoured by the judge's criticizes.

But all you did was just show them a canvas with splashes of paint and suddenly you won, all the other people were either zealous or jealous, it was like everything was planned, it didn't feel like a competition at this point. You sighed seeing the road light turning green, no one was there only the heavy rain that tried to crush you down to the ground. A sneeze interrupted your thoughts, groaning you rubbed your nose, "Not now..." You knew your uncontrollable sneezing was acting up, it always happened when you're easily cold.

You were literally soaked, but luckily your bag was made to avoid getting soaked since it was waterproof, now you wished you brought a raincoat with you.

Walking down the station stairs you saw the train already announcing it was going to depart, "Shit!..." You stiffed a minor curse while standing, in a hurry, you walked towards the nearest small convenience store that was open, bought an obsidian raincoat, wore them zipping it to your neck, and quickly rushed into the train.

The train wasn't loaded with a lot of people today, perhaps because they might be trapped in the heavy rain, bristling a soft sigh you sat down at the last row at the back knowing there weren't much of people that sat there, placing your bag down on your lap you let out the fourth sneeze as the train begins to move. 

Along the train tracks, and tangled electric lines were blurry raindrops blocking your view of the city, you were completely soaked after going for a dip in the rain, momentary you stayed silent listening to the dripping droplets slowly making a melody as if gravity is a soft music from the earth, a soothing melody that calmed your ears, sweet beckoning serenade. Each drop bequeaths itself unto the cooling air—wet lifeboats in a dry sea, from lonely skyfall to merging with their brethren within the rain-soaked ground had given themselves to gravity with the faith of the gang-plank walker and the luck of the angels. 

You breathe deeply when the train was approaching the destinated station, eyes heeding at the other doors as it reached the platforms, slowing down the breaks with screeches and rusty squicks before it completely comes to a standstill. As soon as the doors begin to open, you knew by the sound of the train's announcement that it was his station, you searched swaying your head from side to side, and there; you saw the raven confusingly standing where the two of you usually sit, "H-Hey! I'm right here!" You called out to him raising your buffy raincoat sleeves.