Direwolf Clan

"My Lord, direwolf activity has been spotted by the scouts in the nearby area. What are your orders." Rigur suddenly appeared from the darkness and reported.

"Tell the scouts to not engage. I will go deal with this myself." I ordered, smirking devilishly.

-------------------------------------------

Tonight, we would strike. We are the proud Direwolf Clan. For years, we were unable to take our rightful place as the rulers of Jura due to the presence of the Storm Dragon Veldora. However since recently, his presence has faded.

That can only mean one thing, that the Storm Dragon has died. And now those puny goblins and kobolds stand no chance against us. We will take over the Forest. It is now the age of the Direwolves!!

But, hidden from the other members of my clan, I, the clan leader know something else. Our expedition into Jura is not only for the sake of conquering..... It is out of necessity.

I have lived for the longest in my clan, and so I know this world well. Our clan used to live near the border of the Eastern Empire, killing lone travelers and merchants. The Empire possesses vast Grain Fields near their borders, however my clan is no match for them. The moment we step into their territory, they will retaliate, and annihilate us completely.

That is the reason we are trying to establish ourselves in Jura. I am slowly getting old, and I don't want to leave the clan in a difficult position after my death. My son, he will need time to get used to leading the pack. I have to give him time. We have to get stronger.

For us monsters, who do not require food to survive, our only goal is to become stronger. For that, we have to slay powerful monsters and humans. Hunting off weak traders will not do, we have to take this chance. It is MY responsibility to raise my clan to the top! And I shall succeed!

----------------------------------

The direwolves had started mobilizing.

I was looking at their every movement from the sky, standing on the back of Dracula. Dracula is actually paired with Rigur, but I've temporarily borrowed him. Having Giant Bats in my Legion was very convenient.

I was flying high enough for the direwolves to not even see me. It was also night, so that helped.

Slowly, the clan, led by their leader started advancing toward the goblin village, or so they thought. The village they were going towards was a decoy set up by my Legion to lure in the direwolves. I also ordered the ogres, previously goblins, to act weak and vulnerable to fool the scouts sent out by the clan.

I had taught all of my Legion to suppress their aura at will. Especially to the ones I had sent to Dwargon. I couldn't afford to let my Legionaries get in trouble over there.

"My Lord, should I go deal with all of them? I'll bring you their corpses in perfect condition." Coatl asked.

He acted like the creepy shit he said was just a regular Tuesday.

If I was in an anime, there would be a giant sweatdrop on my head.

"No need for that, I have a plan." I replied. Coatl accepted the answer and went to rest on my shoulders.

I then commanded Dracula to move closer to the approaching clan. He slowly descended and landed a few hundred meters from the approaching direwolves.

After a few seconds, the direwolves came in sight and then stopped their advance.

The direwolf boss was looking at me with menacing eyes. To a normal adventurer, this would be a terrible situation. Even alone, a direlwolf is a C-Rank monster. However, when in a pack led by a boss, their individual capabilities could reach B-Rank easily.

This was because of the [Thought Communication] Skill of the boss, which allowed the pack to work in perfect coordination. It was truly a fearsome combination.

"I'm giving you a chance. Surrender now and become a part of my Legion. If you resist......well you'll still become a part of my Legion, it'll just be uglier." I shouted. They had enough intelligence to understand what I was saying.

*GRRRR* *GRRRR*

"AWOOOOOOOO!!" The boss howled loudly with defiance as the whole clan started to march towards me.

"Very well then" I said to myself, a predatory grin plastered on my face. I didn't expect to feel this kind of thirst for battle.