First of the Legion

'Shit, this is happening much earlier than I thought', I thought.

A giant, purple Serpent was in front of me, staring right into my eyes, which were filled with rage. I guess that's understandable since I suddenly appeared in its home. But this is a dog-eat-dog world. Survival of the fittest, that's the only law around here, and sooner or later, I'm gonna have to accept it.

For a regular person in my past life, I'm feeling no fear or hesitation compared to what I thought I would, at the prospect of a fight.

Anyway, enough of the monologue. I slowly tried moving towards my right, but the Serpent held its gaze. I used [Thought Acceleration] to speed up my perception and thinking speed to react in time whenever it attacked. If I remember correctly, this is the Tempest Serpent, ranked A minus.

Suddenly, it struck at me by whipping its tail towards where I stood. I jumped over the tail towards the left, it all happened in slow motion due to my skill.

'I wish I had a ranged skill like Rimuru had [Water Blade]. It would make life so much easier right now.'

Surprised that its prey had dodged its attack, the Serpent blew out a large cloud of blackish gas.

'This must be its [Poisonous Breath], I need to avoid it no matter what.'

Dodging it turned out to be a not-so-difficult task as I was slowly figuring out my body's capabilities. I rolled out of the way and jumped back a little.

'There's no need to whine and stall, I just need to go in and attack with my bare hands.' I concluded.

I prepared myself and ran towards the Serpent in a burst of speed that even surprised me. I dodged its tail swipe once more by ducking under it. Once I got close,

*BAAM*

I hit its underbelly with all my strength.

*Splat* *Splat*

Blood burst out of its gut all over the place, including all over me. There was a large hole in the damned snake that my fist went through.

'SHIT! I really underestimated my strength. It was disgusting. I resisted the urge to puke as I walked a few yards away from the mess I had unintentionally created.

After cleaning myself off as much as I could, I went back near the snake's corpse.

'Although that was traumatizing, I can now finally test out the [Necromancer] skill', I thought as I grinned, ignoring all the blood the best I could.

"Okay, let's do this", I spoke out loud.

"ARISE!"

I felt magicules pouring out of my body and saw them going into the corpse through [Magic Sense]

The Serpent slowly started rising as it was enveloped in a dark shroud.

*WHOOSH*

The Serpent now stood before me, like it did not just get its stomach blasted, my first LEGIONARY!

The gaping hole was gone and the color of its scales was a bit darker.

<'Tempest Serpent' has been added to your Legion. It will be added to the soul circuit as your subordinate.>

"YESSS!", I exclaimed, before I was interrupted by the [Great Sage]

<As a member of your Legion, the 'Tempest Serpent' has received the set-skills [Self-Regeneration] [Perfect Memory] and [Soul Shift]>