14. LET'S TRY TO KNOW EACH OTHER

Start from the beginning

---♡---

Mihae confidently enters the KIMS office, and the employees acknowledge him with bows. It's no secret that he's close friends with the CEO. He enjoys the attention and the spotlight, and he carries himself as if the office were his own. His presence commands the room, and that's exactly how he likes it.

"May I come in, Mr. Kim?" Mihae playfully quipped as he peeked through the slightly ajar door. Taehyung, engrossed in a pile of files, glanced up, his lips curling into a warm smile at the sight of him.

"Of course, you can, Mr. Kang" Taehyung responded with a playful glint in his eye, matching his humor.

"so, any reason for the visit." taehyung asked.

"No, why do I need a reason to meet my childhood sweetheart? I can visit him anytime," Mihae said, making himself comfortable on the couch.

"you want some coffee." taehyung asked.

"Yep, and please, no sugar. I had enough last night," Mihae said with a playful pout. Taehyung responded with a knowing smile. Just as he was about to summon his assistant for some coffee, they heard a knock at the door.

"Come in," Taehyung called, and Jimin entered the room, his attention fully on Taehyung. "Mr. Kim, this is the file you requested," Jimin said, handing the file to Taehyung, still unaware of Mihae's presence in the room.

"Hello, jimin what are you doing here." mihae said, it is when jimin realized that taehyung is not alone.

"Hey Mihae," Jimin said with a smile. At that moment, Taehyung's phone rang, and he stepped away to take the call.

"So, you are intern here." mihae asked

"Yes, but the office I applied to is actually different. I'm just here for my training," Jimin quickly clarified, wanting to make sure Mihae didn't get the wrong idea.

"oh, well can you get me a Coffee." mihae said

"Excuse me" 

"Coffee, can you fetch me a cup? I mean, you're just the intern here, so I suppose I can put you to work for a menial task like that, right?" Mihae smirked, his tone subtly mocking.

"Sure," Jimin replied, then headed off to get the coffee. Taehyung hung up his phone and returned.

"Has Jimin left already?" Taehyung asked, and before Mihae could reply, Jimin returned with two cups of coffee.

"Why are you bringing the coffee?" Taehyung asked, looking puzzled by Jimin's actions.

"Well, I asked for it. Jimin, you can put the cups on the table," Mihae ordered.

"There are people here to handle this, Mihae," Taehyung remarked, not pleased with the way Mihae was treating Jimin.

"Well, what's the issue if Jimin brings the coffee? Jimin doesn't mind, do you, Jimin?" Mihae said, redirecting his attention to Jimin.

"Well, not at all. I mean, if you came to OUR home, I'd be the one to serve you. And you came to MY boyfriend's company, so it's my responsibility to ensure you're getting what you want. After all, you're OUR guest," Jimin said, giving Mihae a subtle, mocking smile. Mihae, who had been smiling before, suddenly dropped his smile. The use of "our" and "my boyfriend" had clearly struck a deep chord with his ego and heart.

On the other hand, Jimin was well aware of the impact his words had on Mihae, and he took satisfaction in seeing Mihae's reaction. Jimin knew that Mihae had orchestrated these antics to insult and mock him. However, what Mihae didn't realize was that Jimin could be equally assertive when needed.