Her family

Been sitting in drafts, requested stories coming next.

I was typing up some paperwork on my laptop when my girlfriend texted me. She was is australia and i was at our house. i quickly answered since i missed her like fucking crazy.

"Hello?"

"Hey mar!! say hi to my mom and dad"

I got nervous at the thought of meeting rheas family and now she was putting me on the spot. She facetimed me so she pointed the camera to her mom and dad, they smiled and waited for me to speak first. I was wearing a bra so i already felt embarrassed, i dropped my phone and fell out my bed and rummaged through a pile of clothes i didnt feel like folding to look for a shirt, once i found a shirt i picked my phone back up and opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. rheas parents looked a bit concerned so her mom spoke first.

"uhm.. hello marielle!"

"i- uhm- H... Hello! Ive.. heard alot about you guys.. obviously.. anyways how are you two?"

"we're great! how are you?"

Rheas dad had a welcoming voice, i felt a bit better. but then rheas sister, calista, grabbed the phone and glared at me then made a disgusted face. "oh.. thats your girlfriend? she looks... bratty.."

Ouch. I didnt think i was bratty. and thats such an odd word to use. i got nervous and just started stuttering like an idiot but then calista laughed. "im just kidding! Im calista, you can call me cali.. sorry did i offend you?"

I couldnt talk after that, i was so nervous i just hung up but then i regretted it. i probably just made a horrible impression of myself and i knew rhea really cared about what her family thought of me and i probably just put our relationship in jeopardy just because im too nervous to have a real conversation.

Rhea called me back and i answered, hoping i could fix the situation and just say i had bad connection, when the call connected it was just rhea and it looked like she was in a different room.

"What was that about? whyd you hang up?"

"I didnt.. my wifi is just.. really bad.."

"Arent you home? the wifi is great at home. dont lie"

"I just.. got nervous.. i thought your sister was serious and my throat got clamming and i couldnt talk.. im sorry"

"i forgot to warn you that calista has a.. interesting sense of humor.."

"god i probably just made them think im a horrible person for hanging up on them.. i just totally made them hate me didnt i?"

"no.. they understood you were nervous and calista feels really bad.'

"god.. tell her its fine.. im not offended"

"but you are upset about it, yeah?"

"Ill survive"

"you should fly here, i really want you to meet them in person.. theyre really sweet i promise theres no need to be nervous love"

"Might as well face my fears i guess"

"Sending you the ticket now princess"

🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷

I arrived at Australia and it was gorgeous, Rhea  was waiting for me outside the airport. God she looked hot leaning against her car, looking at me and smiling.. i approached her and she gave me a hug and lifted me in the air.

"Princess! God im so fucking happy your here bubs"

I kissed her cheek and grinned. "I missed you too loser"

She punched my arm playfully and grabbed my suitcase, tossing it in the backseat of her truck. She opened the passenger door for me and helped with my seatbelt.

"Oh my god Demi im not a toddler"

"what? princess treatment for my princess"

Rhea got in the drivers seat and drove to her parents house, when we got inside her parents were there with confetti poppers and party hats, i looked at them like they were crazy, but in a good way, as they shot the confetti poppers at me and rhea.

"Happy Meet-Demitris-Parents-Day!" Rheas mother spoke as she ran up and gave me a hug, i smiled and hugged her back.

"Hi Ms Bennett.. im really glad to meet you in person.. alot less nerve wracking"

Rheas dad gave me a side hug and they went to the kitchen to get lunch, rhea showed me her old bedroom and old trinkets. She told me her sister still felt bad about calling me bratty her sister decided she'd only come if I was OK with it, I said it was fine and she came over and we all had dinner.

"So, how serious are you about my little girl Marielle?" Rheas dad spoke while taking a bite of his dinner

"Oh i love her with everything inside me, she's helped me with so much and theres absolutely nobody like her in the entire world.. you guys raised an amazing woman and shes the most beautiful person inside and out.. we just fit together and god.. shes hilarious"

Rhea and her family were all staring at me when i finished talking, her mom grabbed a tissue and wiped her eyes, Rhea covered her face and i felt her smile under her hands.

"Sorry did i say something wrong?"

"No princess.. that was very sweet" Rhea uncovered her face, blushing, and grinning. She kissed me gave me a small hug, then her mom spoke.

"Your perfect for our girl.. im glad she found someone like you"

Lil short story for my return