12

Jimin's POV

I hum a tune with a smile on my face and wait for the elevator door to open up so that I can reach the meeting
room where I've been summoned. I smirk at myself, enjoying the way everything is going until the elevator dings, signalling that it is here.

I stand straight and watch the door sliding open. My smile instantly drops at the sight. Jungkook hugging Y/n. I feel my anger surging through my veins but I notice her hands resting on her sides, meaning that she is being hugged unwillingly. We make eye contact and she stiffens looking at my big eyes.

Her eyes waver but I give her a reassuring smile and enter the elevator. She blinks rapidly, panicking at my appearance but I place my hand on Jungkook's back and call out his name.

"Jungkook."

He releases her and turns to peek at me in confusion. "Hyung? What is this? When were you dating my girlfriend?" He asks and my eyebrows furrow. But suddenly he gets pushed by her. I look at her in shock but she crosses her arms in front of her chest.

"I am not your girlfriend! As far as I remember, we broke up five years ago!" She asserts cutely and I melt at her cuteness. Jungkook sighs and rubs his face in frustration. "Y/n, stop being stubborn. Jimin Hyung isn't even your type-"

"Jungkook, you may leave!" I firmly state and press on the button of the next floor.

No matter how much I respect Jungkook, I'm not letting him manipulate Y/n's choices. I like Y/n a lot. And now that I recall Jungkook is obsessed with her angelic ex girlfriend too. He was a student of Busan High school. The same school where I developed my crush on Y/n. Connecting the dots, Y/n must be the angelic girl whom he talks about when he's drunk.

I never supported his way of cheating on his first love when she supported him financially and mentally throughout his trainee period. But once he debuted he started cheating on her and ultimately broke up because he was getting famous. I let it slide away because he was young and it wasn't my life to be mad at.

But now that I see clearly it was Y/n whose heart he broke, it just makes me want to hate him to the core.

Jungkook quirks an eyebrow and turns to look at me in disbelief. He approaches me and whispers, "Hyung, you told me that you liked someone from your acting industry-"

"She was in the same drama as mine, Jungkook. She is a famous model and an actress." I reply loudly, looking deeply into his eyes but hear the elevator door opening. I move aside and gesture my hand towards the exit. He pokes his tongue inside his cheek before glaring at me and then at Y/n and walking out of the elevator.

He stands and looks at us as the door closes. I hear Y/n take a deep breath but I press on the lock door button of the elevator. "I'm sorry, Jimin-ssi." She says and I fuse my brows in confusion. I turn to smile at her softly. "Why are you sorry?"

"Everything is my fault. I posted the pictures on Instagram that day which you clicked without thinking about the consequences. Also, Jungkook is acting like this because I wasn't a good girlfriend," she says and I scoff bitterly.

I don't know why she blames herself for everything?

"Y/n, I've heard enough drunk honest talks about Jungkook's anonymous ex-girlfriend and trust me he treats an angel like you so miserably," I tell her and she frowns in confusion. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"You did everything for him. Still he treated you like shit. Why the hell are you blaming yourself?" I yell, getting angry at the fact that she is being too kind to people who don't value her kindness enough.

She blinks with a scared expression but turns her head away, without replying to me. I hear her taking deep breaths and soft sniffles. I bite my lips but feel her breaking down. I try to look at her but notice that she has her eyes closed but she is not crying, probably holding in her tears.

"It was Jungkook, right? The person whom you wanted to prove by entering this industry?" I ask and she opens her eyes, pressing her lips together, giving me a hard glare with glistening eyes. She looks like a literal baby and I sigh.

She doesn't want to talk right now and me questioning her is even more frustrating. I understand.

I open my arms and look at her. "Can I get a hug? I really need one right now, Y/n," I ask her, knowing very well that she needs one but will never ask for it herself. She looks down but slowly approaches me with tiny steps and wraps her arms around my waist.

She places her head against my chest and I instantly wrap my arms around her, a big smile grazing my lips. Both of us just stand like this in each other's embrace but I feel my heart exploding inside.

It was a dream back in the days to hug her.

After fifteen years, having her in my arms, this close to me, exchanging body warmth is like a dream come true for me. I'll cherish this moment forever in my life. Our first hug.

Park Jimin and Kim Y/n

I like her so much.

I'm so whipped for her.

"I'm sorry for getting you into a dating rumour with me," she mumbles.

Oh, Y/n, only if you knew that I paid Dispatch to create the fake rumours and used my friends to convince Jin to confirm this news, telling him about the benefits this controversy will bring to the agency.

Only if you knew.

But some things are better when they stay hidden so I reply to her,

"Don't be sorry, Y/n. We will think of a solution."

********************

Understanding feelings without words

Understanding feelings without words. Something that Jimin in this book will show and gradually Y/n will also learn it from him.