Prologue

Jimin's POV

I hold the pile of notebooks in my hand and walk toward the teacher's room. The AirPods are in my ears as the music plays through it. Being the class president isn't easy and I am responsible for useless stuff like this.

I vibe to the music but suddenly groan when someone bumps into my side, causing me to halt and stumble to the side, my right AirPod falling out of my ear.

Thankfully, I hold the books tightly so none of them fall but I turn around to peek at the girl wearing a grey hoodie over the school uniform, bending down to look for something.

I tilt my head at her but find her taking one of the two AirPods from the ground, placing it in her ear, standing up straight, and then walking away without looking at me.

Her AirPod also fell with mine?

I frown but bend forth to pick up my AirPod, holding the books in one hand and putting it in my ear back. The same song plays and I hum in satisfaction but try to glance at the fading back of the girl.

I turn back in my direction but feel the music in one ear glitching and stopping. I blink several times but pull the AirPod from my ear but then I realise. My eyes widen.

I turn back only to see the girl's face who is now standing far away in the corridor, facing me, holding the AirPod in her hand and staring back at me. She lifts her hand up and I smile, nodding and lifting up my hand to show her the AirPod. Her lips curve up and my breath hitches at her beautiful smile.

She slowly starts running towards me and my smile falters. I gulp hard, getting shy suddenly but she approaches me. "We were listening to the same song at the same time," she says, her voice sweet as honey and takes the AirPod from my hand, returning my one.

My heart thuds in my chest and I swallow hard when our fingers brush, sending sparks down my body which she doesn't feel probably. "Thank you," she says, staring into my eyes but then her eyes land on the badge and name tag on my school blazer.

"Park Jimin, are you the class president?" she reads and I feel like my name was made to be heard from her lips. "Yes," I stutter and she smiles before looking at the pile of copies in my hand. "That's why you are carrying these. Okay, bye."

And that is how, lovely readers, my first crush developed.

Kim Y/n.

3 years junior. From a middle class household. Doesn't have parents. Lives with her grandpa. Studies on scholarship.

I found out everything.

Not stalking.

It's just, I heard some conversations during lunch time from random people.

We never spoke again. She was a quiet girl who never spoke to many people. But I secretly used to steal glances at her whenever I saw her.

She always had AirPods in her ears. As days went by I noticed, her earbuds were pretty dented and old. But she still uses the same ones.

It feels like destiny to me.

Our first encounter.

Everything.

She loves listening to music. So one day, I made a song.

“Like Crazy”

It was supposed to be a secret one but—

"Jimin! Look! The famous music Producer Suga noticed your YouTube video, added beats and music to your song and now it's a viral audio in Tiktok! Holy Shit! 10M views already!" My friend exclaims and I freeze at my seat.

"What?"

He nods and hands me his phone. I listen to the song which actually sounds better than the Acapella version. "Wow! But it wasn't supposed to be noticed." I whisper.

"Nobody understands YouTube or Tiktok Algorithm. It just hits for someone and looks like it hit you like a bulldozer!" He says and I scratch my head nervously.

"I—" my words halt as Y/n silently walks past our table in the cafeteria and takes a seat alone at a table at the corner. "I wanted her to notice the original video first," I whisper, pouting my lips but my phone buzzes.

I take it out and click on the message notification. But by the time, I finish reading the message, my eyes pop out of my sockets and my jaws drop. My friend hits me on the shoulder and shows me his phone. "Jimin! JinHit Entertainment's official Instagram page just shared the Tiktok—"

"I know," I reply and look at him with wide eyes,

"JinHit label's scout just asked me to come to Seoul for an audition."

***************

I wrote a Prologue for a book after a long time

I wrote a Prologue for a book after a long time. 😴 phew

Also Jimin was about 12/13 years during this chapter. So this was a more of pure puppy and innocent kind of love. The feelings of affection between two kids. I don't name this as a romance.

Guess who's running out of drafts but still uploading? Me 🙋🏻‍♀️ I'm writing this book in real time so let's see how this turns out.