Chapter:184

"Kook, I have to tell you something."

"Sure."

"I went to Jimin's birthday party last night, remember? I told you about it a while back."

"Mhm."

"I wanted to give the bullet shell back to him, but he didn't take it. He said he won't take back the things he gave away, and that if I don't want to use the shell, I can throw it away, but he won't take it back."

"Mhm, then keep it," Jungkook thought that it was only a bullet shell and not a big deal.

"Then... I went to see him in secret, right? I didn't want to ruin any of our reputations, so I asked Jimin to meet me in private. We talked for about ten or so minutes, and I left right at eight twenty."

"What are you trying to say?"

Jungkook could tell that Lisa was circling around the issue and that her gaze was avoiding his.

So he asked her directly...

"Kook, you know that Jimin was involved in an incident, right?"

"Yeah, the entire city is reporting on it." Jungkook nodded in acknowledgment.

"Actually, I heard from Jennie that Jimin became a suspect because he disappeared from the security cameras for around ten minutes. He actually spent that time with me, we were talking... So, I'm his only witness."

"So, what do you want to do?"

Jungkook's expression began to become complicated...

It was as if he already guessed what his wife wanted to say.

"Kook, I want to go testify for Jimin."

"No way," Jungkook straightforwardly rejected her.

"Why not?" Biting on her lips, Lisa looked at Jungkook with puppy dog eyes.

"It's simple, you won't be able to explain yourself if you go... Think about it, what would others think if the Young Madam of JC was with Jimin at eight o'clock at night where the security camera couldn't see?"

"But if I don't testify, he'll be wronged. Jennie said that Jimin wouldn't say what happened during that time, so I'm guessing he's trying to protect me. That's making me more uneasy, I know what I have to face once I testify. But Kook, believe me, I don't care about what others say..."

Lisa thought that Jungkook should understand where she was coming from...

However, she overestimated Jungkook level of tolerance; he loved her deeply, so of course he would mind...

Especially when the other person was Jimin.

"Lisa... Are you clear that with his family background, Jimin doesn't need you to testify to get out? Do you know who his grandpa hired? He hired someone really capable. Do you know who he is? He's a famous lawyer from Incheon, who has never once lost a case."

Jungkook knew about the incident, so he was sure that nothing would happen to Jimin.

At most, he would be troubled and have to stay at the police station for a few days.

Lisa put down her chopsticks as she looked at Jungkook in all seriousness. "I know that his grandpa hired a lawyer, I know that the lawyer is very good, and I also know that the Park Family won't lose the lawsuit and nothing will happen to Jimin."

"Then why do you want to testify?" Jungkook was clearly jealous, he wondered if Lisa's stress was because she was worried about Jimin.

Although he did not want to think that, his heart was displeased upon seeing how depressed Lisa was over Jimin's incident.