"Shut up." He snapped cutting her off rather rudely. "She is my wife. Whatever we have is none of your concern, Miss Bajaj. The woman you insulted owns that office and this place you are standing on so you rather watch your words and actions before you are burdened with another lawsuit that could bring not just you but your entire family on the streets."

"Anirudh..."

"It is Mr. Chauhan for you." He declared pinning her with a glare.

"I apologize, Mr. Chauhan." She nodded fervently. "I didn't mean to upset you but was here to ask you for a dance if you shall be generous enough. May I have the pleasure to have this dance with you?"

Her palm forwarded and Anirudh took a negligible step back.

"You cannot." A voice answered and Anirudh exhaled a breath he didn't know he was holding. Dhwani pushed past Arushi, shoving her aside, and stood beside her husband with a polite smile. "Oops, I am sorry."

"Ms. Gandhi." Arushi addressed.

He fisted the will to smack her head in the nearby wall.

"That is only within the office. It is Mrs. Dhwani Anirudh Chauhan." She claimed her position and Anirudh felt almost proud. "I regret that he cannot be dancing with you on this song or the next or anyone today evening."

"Why?" Arushi snapped frowning.

"Oh, he promised all his dances to me you see." Dhwani goaded with a grin, turning towards him who watched her in amazement. "Right, Mr. Husband?"

"Of course, Petal." He nodded in amusement "I did."

"See." Dhwani empathized. "But I am sure there are plenty of single men out here finding a beautiful date. You can try your luck."

Arushi's jaw clenched but she smiled politely. "Sure."

"Great. Now shall we move?" Dhwani chimed and turned towards him with raised brows "It's time you fulfill your promise, Anirudh."

He blinked assertively and caged her fingers which she quickly slithered away.

"No. Ask me nicely." She demanded enjoying her audience.

He shook his head chuckling. "May I have the honor to dance with my wife?"

Dhwani glanced at a fuming Arushi and back at him, nodding once thoughtfully. "You may."

He took her palm and led her towards the stage when she halted them placing her free hand on his biceps. He frowned.

"Just a minute." Dhwani grinned mischievously at him and turned towards Arushi. "Oh, Miss. Bajaj. I forgot to mention. Do take note of the empty ring finger, not every wife acts cordial. Some could scratch your face and yank your fake extensions too if you try to snag their husbands."

Arushi stood gaping while Dhwani turned towards him.

The music changed announcing the end of the first set. The beats thrummed within the walls and soft notes echoed back. Her eyes widened a little at the realization.

"Let's go. This is my favorite song" She pulled him.

Anirudh was left bemused at her warning but nonetheless cleared his throat and followed her lead, taking the empty position in the middle. Holding this close, he was accustomed to having a closer look at her. Her eyes were no plain, dull brown but laced flakes of ambers -gold, orange, and grey. They alone were capable of speaking volumes that he had ignored and failed to listen in the past but he resolved not to anymore. Her face was slightly oval. She had a sharp long nose and prominent doe eyes leaving her lips too thin which made a small pout each time she looked away- searching for a trace of mishap caused by just anyone to destroy the night- and a small, almost triangle chin. She had lost weight which made her jawline and cheek bones noticeable and cheeks hollow. A lot different from the chubbier version he had seen that very first time.