Chapter 36

JARED'S POV

Anna's Father had practically confirmed that he had taken my mate, but, it had been almost an hour now, and he still hadn't uttered a word other than a few spiteful comments.

I was growing increasingly angry, having to leave to take myself outside for a breather so I didn't rip the man's throat out. He was our best bet at finding Anna, and as much as I wanted to kill him, I knew it wasn't the time for that.

I had my head in my hands, hearing the sound of the front door opening up causing my head to snap up. Dean was looking at me with a frown, his dark brows pulled together in frustration as he grumbled to himself.

"How's he looking?" I muttered.

"All bloody," Dean responded, and I internally cringed. Although the man inside the house deserved a painful and torturous death for his treatment of Anna, the thought of it made my stomach churn. I never liked the idea of taking a life, but I knew that it had to be done sometimes. Anna's Father deserved it anyway.

"I don't think he's going to break," I said, slowly losing hope. This man was practically laughing at us, even when Dean delivered a few brutal punches to him. Anna's Father simply spat out his blood and continued staring at us with arched brows. He wasn't fazed, or at least, he didn't show it besides a few head turns away from us as well as some curse words.

"He will," Dean reassured me, turning his head to see Dylan stroll out of the house too. He also looked at me with pity, and I cursed to myself as I began to wheel my way back inside.

I was going to get him to talk. One way or another.

Anna's Father's eyes slithered to me as I entered the house, Gia glaring at him with balled fists with Clara and Matthew on either side of her, both doing the same thing.

"Are you here for a go?" he taunted, wiping his mouth with his hand as more blood dribbled from his busted lip. It looked painful, but the man didn't even flinch. I had a feeling it had something to do with him being so drunk. Alcohol helped with pain, distracting the brain and dulling signals.

"Where's my mate?" I demanded as I wheeled myself closer to him, getting in his face and shaking my head. My hands were balled into fists by my side, and I ground my teeth together as I attempted to stop myself from killing him right there and then.

"Where's Amelia?" questioned Gia as she growled, baring her teeth, causing Anna's Father to flinch the tiniest bit. It appeared he was at least a little nerved by us, but he was playing it cool. He didn't want to show any weakness and wanted us to believe that we weren't a threat to him.

It was all a facade though. He was secretly shitting himself. I could tell.

"You're working together," I stated. "So where are they?"

Anna's Father shrugged. "Who knows? Maybe she's dead? Amelia may have killed-"

I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, growling in his face, Gia and Dean having to grab me and pull me back. They didn't want to me kill our only lead, but he was testing me. The thought of Anna dying caused my heart to tighten to the point where I felt like it had stopped pumping blood around my body. I felt sick to my stomach.

"Do we need to up the anti a little bit?" suggested Dean. "Because that can most definitely be arranged."

"Gia, Clara," I muttered, addressing them. "You might need to leave. This is about to get ugly and it's not going to be pretty."

They glared at me, and I shrugged, wanting to give them a way out. I wouldn't have minded if they wanted to go ahead and leave for their own sanity. Torturing someone wasn't for everyone. Just because they cared about me, didn't mean they had to stick around and get involved with someone's death. Especially if it was going to effect them in the long run.